• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5R55E rough shifting

Hi I have a 2003 4WD ranger xlt with the 4.0 sohc engine. Only 58k miles. Was fine during the winter. Then just as it started warming up a few degrees it started up shifting really rough/jerky. It was inconsistent but I don’t think it did it in every gear. Now as the weather warmed up the...
  2. 2003 4.0 Ranger won't start when warm

Hello TRS! Well I've been pouring over forums and google looking for ideas. As the title suggests my 2003 ranger won't start when warm. It cranks fine. This problem has slowly been getting worse over the years. At first it was just an occasional hiccup and it would start. Years later it...
  3. Ranger chirps/squeaks when very cold

Hi, I'll keep it short. Last year I noticed my ranger would chirp for a few minutes when it was really cold. Details: 2003 4.0 SOHC so no CAM synchronizer as I understand 30K miles It's a random metallic sounding chirp that goes away after a few minutes I replaced: Alternator Tension...
  4. Rear end whine - worry or live with it?

Hi, I hopefully got this in the right forum area. My 2003 ranger w/27000 miles has developed the rear end whine, which I now read is a common problem. It whines around 40MPH when on the gas and goes away when off the gas. I've read one post saying that this is the pinion/ring and doesn't...
  5. 5r55 hisses

I hear a hissing noise coming from the transmission "area" when i select either drive or reverse. Sounds similar to an air leak. Worse when warm. Can hear it at idle when stopped. Otherwise the transmission seems ok. I checked fluid level and it's fine. I've read similar posts on the net, but...
  6. White stuff near coolant overflow?

Hi TRS, I've recently taken notice to this on my overflow cap. Very close to the hole is still wet. Runs fine and temps are normal. Oil looks fine and no smoke in exhaust. Coolant level might be down just slightly in tank. I can only think it's a weak radiator cap (I've ordered a new one)...
  7. Ranger driveline shudder w/o clunk

Hi, I've been reading alot of messages on driveline clunking. But the problem I have is shuddering for a second or so when accelerating from a stop. I don't hear any clunking. It only does it after the drive system has been warmed up. I have a 03 ranger 4x4 xlt with 17K miles. It appears...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad