• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. captaingeek

camper bed sized and mpg

Hi all, are there different bed sizes for a 2005 ranger? I'd say mine is a standard size. Thinking about buying one of these used: #122 here: http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps# will this type of bed have a major effect on gas mileage?
  2. captaingeek

ecoboost?

so in a few years when you can find wrecked ecoboost cheap is anyone thinking of a swap? think things will bolt up?
  3. captaingeek

Turbo charger / supercharger kit diy

Hi, anyone have an estimate for a turbocharger or supercharger setup? Used parts and diy kits are what I'm interested in. If I can use the stock ecu with a piggy back ecu thatd be great. Otherwise I'd go with a megasquirt.
  4. captaingeek

2012 ecoboost ranger

Did you guys hear that in the new year ford will release an slight update to the ranger. No changes execpt the sport model will be made available with an optional 2.0 ecoboost engine and will go for about 23K
  5. captaingeek

Life of a 2005 Ranger

Hi all - have had a 2005 Ranger XLT for a few years now. Got it at about 40K. No major problems. Its got about 65K now. After I first got it, belts were making lots of noise in the wet weather. Took it in to Ford and they replaced the idler puller. Seemed kinda weird when the truck hadn't even...
  6. captaingeek

wear indicators?

hi gents. its been a long time. quick question... had the ranger (2005 3.0 v6 xlt) at the dealership about 6 months ago. they insisted that it needed front brakes. everything was fine and at the time i was broke so i posponed. i figured that the wear indicators would let me know when the pads...
  7. captaingeek

fuel safty valve cutoff sensitive? 2005 ranger

Hi, has anyone else's fuel safty switch gone off? I think mine may have, but am not sure what caused it. was parked at a shopping center then driving down the highway a mile or 2 and the truck stalled. Not definate thats what it was but I hit the switch and the truck started back up. I've got...
  8. captaingeek

seat cover for bench seat - 2005 ranger

any good recommendations for seat covers? Havn't been able to find any locally.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad