• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rear bushing for Toyo Kogyo 5 speed

I have a 1986 Ranger with a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. The slip yoke for the driveshaft slips into the tail housing of the transmission where it rides in a bushing and a seal to keep the gear oil in. I have managed to find a new seal on the internet but I...
  2. front end repair questions

My mechanic says my "front end is shot" and it will cost more than $1000 to repair because the vehicle is so old, it will require lots of man hours to work the bolts loose, etc. So I'm going to try it myself. I have a tool to hammer the tie rod ends out, but what do I need to remove ( and...
  3. How to set distributor timing

All the instructions I have available say to "disconnect the vacuum" at the distributor. Well, my truck does not have a vacuum advance on the distributor. If I shine the timing light on the crankshaft pulley while the engine is at idle, with everything connected and the engine warm, it looks...
  4. 86 Ranger 2.0 liter has no power after carb rebuild

This ancient truck has a 1 barrel carburetor, 5 speed manual transmission, 2 wheel drive. I took the carb off and took it to a shop and they rebuilt it for $145. Put it back on and I can barely make it uphill in 3rd gear. Before the rebuild it would just fly up that hill. It also backfires...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad