• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4ld swapped

Second time that I have put a A4LD from a 93 Explorer into my 92 Ranger. Everything seemed to go smooth until drive time. The trans that worked great in the Explorer will not shift until 4500 rpm in the Ranger. Holds gear good doesn't slip, can't beg it into shifting as it should. Any ideas how...
  2. Code ??

The plate in the door jam is long gone. The only numbers that I could find on any sort of tag on the axle are these. 5 or S 329C and L T or 73882D01 the tag is badly beat up badly very hard to read. Thank you to anyone that will decipher these for me I have tried looking them up but I can't...
  3. Cooling help

I have a trip planned across country, west coast to east coast. I have a 92 -xcab-4x4-4.0 automatic Ranger. I will be pulling a trailer about 1500 pounds loaded. I have a new radiator and water pump, I added a trans cooler. I am wondering if I should try and do something to help keep the motor...
  4. Transmission Cooler

I have a 4.0, Cab, 4x4 that I want to put a transmission cooler on. I don't know if they all work about the same or if some are better than others. If you have had good or bad look with any brand or type I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks
  5. Getting Hot

My 93 Ranger has a 4.0 automatic the truck is a 4x4 x-cab. The problem is the engine gets hot when I pull a moderate sized hill, As soon as I hit level ground it cools right away . I flushed the radiator it flows water well,I checked the drive belt it was tight ,the bottom hose was questionable...
  6. O Well

My 4.0 cracked a head I am in the process of swapping another one in. I got 239,000 miles out of this engine can't complain.
  7. 4 X 4 neutral ??

Auto locking hubs start grinding this morning. I decide to do the manual hub swap. Drive about fifty miles over the course of the day. I kick in and out of 4X4 several times without a problem. Get ready to move the truck and NOTHING acts like 4X4 neutral. I understand the front hubs not...
  8. closed loop ????

Here is my issue Cruising at roughly 3000 rpm. My 92 4.0 auto runs great, add a slight load like pulling a hill and I get a 500 rpm Surge. It's just like a light switch up 500 down 500. I have tried running the same rpm. In different gears and not so much as a blip. I don't have a scanner for...
  9. I.a.c.

I have a 93 4.0 Ranger, I was wondering what years the IAC was the same. Would a IAC off a 99 4.0 work on my truck ????
  10. 4.0 bore job

I really like my 92 Ranger with the 4.0. I am thinking about building a engine as a over the winter type project. Being a old school guy I think everything is better with more H.P. I looked into several stroker kits, but the price verses the claimed gains seem way out of line. I was wondering if...
  11. Dropping the gas tank

92 Ranger any tricks to make this job eaiser ????
  12. Fuel Pressure Problems ?????

92 4.0 EFI When under light acceleration my Ranger acts like it's running out of gas. If I step on it everything smooths out. If I am cruising while not accelerating everything is fine. I have already changed the filter. what is next fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator or ??????? I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad