• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Support the REPAIR Act

https://www.sema.org/news-media/enews/2022/28/ask-congress-protect-your-right-modify-co-sponsoring-repair-act Wanted to add the endorsement from SEMA here. If you are passionately against government regulation of any variety, I understand that worldview and don't expect you to support this...
  2. Support the REPAIR Act

Under the current system, the service manager will simply say "it's is a service that requires specialized tools and procedures that only dealerships have." I agree with you on what they're supposed to do, but do you really believe an average one does that? I understand that this is your...
  3. Support the REPAIR Act

$8,000/year seems reasonable for that amount of information and training, I would be concerned if a shop was investing less to keep their staff qualified. As the owner of my vehicles, I will make the risk-benefit analysis myself when I decide on DIY vs private shop vs dealer service department...
  4. Support the REPAIR Act

🍻 I hope the right to repair gains traction in Canada and the rest of the world too. 👍🏻
  5. Support the REPAIR Act

Thanks for the reply, I completely understand the raised eyebrows. I'm not an activist or keyboard crusader, but I can see how it might look that way with a post like this in a mostly technical forum. I am not a frequent poster at TRS simply because in the 12 years I've been a member...
  6. Support the REPAIR Act

I apologize for all of the confusion, I realize now that I didn't provide sufficient background. I made a bad assumption that the issues surrounding the right to repair and some manufacturers' moves to undermine the right to repair were pretty well-known in most forums. On rangers, yes it is...
  7. Support the REPAIR Act

A bill titled the "Right to Equitable and Professional Auto Industry Repair (REPAIR) Act" has been proposed in the US house of representatives with six republican and six democratic co-sponsors. It requires vehicle manufacturers to make service information available to consumers and 3rd-party...
  8. Tools needed for Ball Joint Replacement ('98 4x4).

Hello to the helpful members of TRS, I have a 1998 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4 3.0L 5-speed, torsion bar front end, 155K miles, and it is now way past due for lower balljoints, and upper control arms/balljoints. I recently moved from Ohio to Texas, and having gone from a house to an apartment, I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad