• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Outer Tie Rod Info Rack & Pinion Steering

Thought I'd share: I found outer tie rod ends for the rack and pinion setup on my 2003 four banger that were $15 cheapies at O'Reilly's, but they come with grease fittings (cheapies never do in my experience) and they have lifetime warranty. O'Reilly part # ES3461
  2. Locate Coolant Leak

My '03 2.3 has developed quite the appetite for coolant lately. The facts: At a rate of about a reservoir's worth per 100 miles. I can smell coolant when I'm outside the truck and it's been running. My radiator is less than 2 years old. No obvious signs of a leak, no dripping anywhere, spraying...
  3. '03 Steering Column Swap

I'm about to swap in a tilt column in my 03 since the steering wheel blocks my view of the speedo(!). I do have the key for the lock on the tilt column. Is there anything special or anything to beware of in this job? How do you get the lock cylinder out? Oh, I am reusing my current steering...
  4. FYI Replacement Upper Control Arms

I had to replace my upper control arms because of Ford's stupid idea of making the upper ball joints one piece with the UCAs. Anyway, I had a look at the Duralast one's at Autozoo. In very small print on the box it said "TRW" and "Made in Canada", so I bought them, and they look quality and...
  5. How is 2003 Aligned?

The upper control arm bolts on my 2003 do not have cams, so how the heck is it adjusted?
  6. Intake Manifold Control Info

Thought I'd share what I learned firsthand on this thing. I had a P2204 engine code on the '03 I just bought, which is supposedly "intake manifold control stuck open". A vacuum line comes from the drivers side of the intake, goes through a control solenoid on the lower back driveres side of the...
  7. New Guy from Texas

Hello All, I just bought my 2nd Ranger, a 2003 2.3 single cab with the automatic. I used to have a 1995 ext. cab with the 2.3 and 5 speed but it's been a few years since I sold it, but now I'm back in the Ranger business! Gotta say I just love the 2003 much better than the '95. The Lima 2.3 was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad