• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0L Manual 5 Spd

Three years ago bought a used '05 4.0L 5-spd w/34,000 miles. Changed ALL fluids, installed an e-locker rear and have been driving it normally ever since. Transmission fluid was replaced with Redline manual transmission fluid. The transmission is not "banged," just driven like the adult I am...
  2. O2 Sensor Wiring

'05 Ranger 4L. There are three o2 sensors, one on each cyl bank in front of the cat, and one behind. Each sensor has four wires; 2 x white, 1 x Black, 1 x Gray. Which one goes where. I'm looking for which wire(s) actually provide the ECU input to adjusts fuel/air mix. Anyone know?
  3. Ford to end Ranger Production in 2011

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/20/u-s-spec-ford-ranger-to-officially-end-production-in-2011-ford/#continued
  4. Ranger Start-Up RPM

'05 4x4, 4.0L, Manual Dealer says this issue is normal. Upon initial start-up the motor revs (I assume to more quickly light-off the cat) to about 2,000-2,300 and then slowly unwinds to normal idle over a period of a couple of minutes. I find this very bothersome and wish there was some way...
  5. any of you guys fish for walleye

I go up to Lac Des Milles Lac in Ontario for a week every year and have for the past 35 years. Just got back in fact. We haven't caught one as big as yours for a number of years, but used to catch them regularly. Slot limit now. Over the past 10 years or so we throw all the big ones back -...
  6. Axle Swap

'05 4x4 Front Diff Swap Okay, I screwed up. Changed my gears from 4.1 to 3.73 two years ago and the new gears do not work for my needs. I'm going to change the 3.73s back to 4.1s on the cheap by swapping diffs ('05 4L 5-spd 4x4 L/S). I've got front and rear diff assemblies located at a...
  7. Can you stand another locker question?

'05, 4-dr, 4.0L, 5 sp, 4x4, 3.73 L/S. I'm going to change my gears to 4.10 and while those gears are being changed I'd like to install a "stronger" L/S or Locker. What do you all think? Here's what I am considering. - Ford Trac-loc (sometimes marketed as a Ford "Racing" L/S). - Electric...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad