• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BONES

OK I'm frustrated with this problem now... HELP!!

PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!!! OK so I've searched and read several threads on this topic and have tried the fixes recommended by these threads and I still have the same problem. The wipers work on high only, when you switch them back to medium speed they stop right where they were. Low...
  2. BONES

ford 9'' pinnon seal replacement

It's possible you did damage, but unless it was very empty you'll likely be OK. Like t0x1k stated it's an easy job, just don't way over tighten the yoke nut, go a bit past the old marks when tightening it back up, you could also count how many turns it took to remove it so you know your back...
  3. BONES

Will a Toyota Solid Axle fit??

LOL, nice one Branger, no you did a great job making yourself look bad all by youself. What I find weird is how you can build a whole housing and then talk about trouble with the angle on a perch, interesting. Here's just the first few Pirate threads I found, in 5 seconds, documenting the...
  4. BONES

As I posted above, this is my opinion from experiencing this first hand. I'm trying not to take offence of your last post. First off where is this post above that I repeated? Unless it was one of my older posts in this thread, then well....fine then, you got me repeating myself, oops. Second...
  5. BONES

I helped turn 1 into drivers drop for a buddies Mazda a coulpe years back, it's a lot of work, not as much as narrowing an axle imo, but didn't need any custom parts aside from the hi-steer he wanted to add.
  6. BONES

This is my front diff in the Rover too, ifs front wheel hubs, only I have spacers on the rear axle to match width, really want to find an ifs Toy rear axle as they are the width to match my front without spacers. My 40's still rub the leaf springs tho, lol. How are you attaching your front...
  7. BONES

Yeah I was wondering, my first Toy had the push pull steering with that silly short drag link, sucked for drooping out the drivers tire, now I have the 8" axles under my 68 Land Rover with a ScoutII saginaw box doing steering duties, no bind yet, tho my short leaf springs don't flex near as much...
  8. BONES

Is that drag link bent on purpose? If so, why is that?
  9. BONES

8.8 Hybrid idea

Interesting idea. So you want to run a drive shaft from the diff cover on the 8.8 back to another 8.8, basically? I know there's more to it than that, sounds like an interesting build. So you would need to make a diff cover that retains the pinion yoke with 2 bearings like fatcory set-up...
  10. BONES

axle measurements?????

d60 front SRW (none dually) are 72" wide wms to wms. My 76 f150 d44 and 80 f150 9" under my BII are 65" wide wms to wms.
  11. BONES

Snow!

Man, I just woke up to another foot and a half of snow on the ground overnight. That makes a good 3 and a half feet deep in the yard now. I'll head outside and take some pics for yas.
  12. BONES

Snow Buggy

I was surfin youtube and came across this mean sounding buggy, thought I would share. I'm ramping up for another wicked season of snow wheeling and figured what better why to get started!:icon_hornsup: I know they're not RBV, but wheeling is wheeling to me!!:thefinger...
  13. BONES

No problem bud, just trying to give back to a forum that has given me so much! :D
  14. BONES

15. BONES

WTF? I run 40's under my V8 Rover with Toy 8" solid axles all stock, they'll hold up just fine, actually they are the same diameter axles shafts as a 1/2 ton truck and the birds are comparable in strength to the d44 u joints and have no bind through out steering lock to lock, and the ring and...
  16. BONES

how good are dana 44 and 9"

The EB diffs are weaker I know. Unless it comes with the 31 spline 9" which is stronger than the 28 spline version. Agreed the EBd44 is certainly weaker and uses small ujoints. But as said above, if you don't play in rocks, and mud and dirt is your terrain of choice they can handle 38's with a...
  17. BONES

More wheeling fun!!

Trip went well, we didn't expect to encounter 3 feet of snow near the top tho, actually stopped us in our tracks.....literally, haha. When we past the creek crossing the snow got deeper and more wet and heavy, it was tough going at that point for the Bronco breaking trail. Pushing a good foot...
  18. BONES

clutch hydro system swap-ability?

clutch hydro system swap-ability? Tech advice needed OK so after using the search system and tech library and going through 30+ pages of the tranny tech threads with no answers in sight, I figure I should post my question. My rig is an 86 BII fm145 1350M combo. Amazingly surviving behind a 92...
  19. BONES

Another Sunday run!

Sunday we did our first real muddy trip of the year. The Beaverly to Miworth trail is always a blast, it has a lot of mud, quite a bit of technical spots that if you take the wrong line your sure to get body damage and when the right line is covered in slick wet clay your chances of success are...
  20. BONES

Sunday wheeling

So we posted up a club run scheduled for last Sunday and to our surprise 14 trucks showed up to play!! Here's more pics. Take a look at this spot, all ice around me and basically a fairly easy ride, right? This is after a couple smaller rigs made it over. This is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad