• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. one1

Phantom of the opera plugs

What causes this? The truck has new heads. This is on cyl one and two exhaust side. Right side Left side
  2. one1

Drive it like you stole it. Ranger - 1 > Engine mount - 0

Few days back my F150 starter went out so I hopped in the ranger to use for a few days until the starter came in from the parts order I made online. About 30 miles out I took off from a red light and the gear shifter lifted out of the floor 2 inches and torqued over on me. Knew immediately it...
  3. one1

First time putting pics up here

Bought my 1997 in June 1997, sold it, bought a few more, bought it again and decided it was a keeper. Been working on it ever since.
  4. one1

Timing question(s)

I want to ask questions about timing that will give me the proper understanding of the timing, not just reading the idiot marks. My first question however is about one of the idiot marks. LOL. Diamond on the cover above the oil pump sprocket and the notch on the sprocket. This is correct for...
  5. one1

Cracked head common?

My 1997 2.3L cracked it's head today. First fouled out the #2 cyl then started smoking like crazy. I ran to the store and grabbed a compression tester and it read 124-105-127-137. The low cyl was the one in question. The cyl head cracked between the sidewall and the cyl. There was a crack...
  6. one1

misfire......only under certain circumstance

So for 2 days in a row while in 5th gear on the freeway my valves have started to chatter wildly and loudly when I put my foot on the throttle, then it will go away...... down the road it will do it again. Threw a code yesterday misfire on cyl 4. Doesn't do it around town. Didn't do it going up...
  7. one1

I lurk a lot...........

I lurk a WHOLE LOT. LOL........ Figured I'd intro myself. Just a tad, you know what they say... TMI. Meh............... enough.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad