• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. owl under hood

I own a 95 Ranger 4.0 with 5 spd. trans. Just as the throttle opens, I get a whoooooo noise from the engine compartment. If I separate the two havles of the air filter canister slightly it seems to go away somewhat. I replaced the air filter but did not help. Talking with a truck,auto mechanic...
  2. m5od 1-2 gear shift fork burnup

Hi, I am trying to help out a friend with a 96 f150 300ci six. using a 1988 m5od trans. He called and told me he had no 1st or 2nd gear. after pulling the trans and shifter cover ,I noticed 1-2 shift fork was ground down to the point it was sliding by the gear collar. The shift rail actually...
  3. tach reading incorrect

Hi, I completed my 96 Explorer 5.0 to 95 Mazda B2300 swap a year ago, but decided to tackle a tach issue that I haven't been able to resolve yet. The problem i'm having is the tach is reading around 6k at 65mph. I am aware of the wire swap {blk yellow wire on pin 8 of the 10pin connector to pin...
  4. 5.0 pcm reprogram

I am using a 96 explorer 5.0 pcm in my 2.3 to 5.0 swap. Does anyone know who can delete the auto trans commands, as i am using a 5 spd? Thanks for any help.
  5. clutch disengagement solution

I finally solved the clutch disengagement problem with my 5.0 to ranger swap(with alot of help from a couple of friends). I,m using a t5 mustang bell adapted to take a mitsubishi 4x4 5spd. for an every day driver. This kit is expensive and is supposed to work with the internal t/b slave setup...
  6. shiftless

I'm having a clutch disingagement problem with my 96explorer 5.0 swap to 95 b2300. I installed a clutch,flywheel & bellhousing kit to bolt an 89 Bronco2 mitsubishi 4x4 5spd.trans. to my 5.0 eng. This is a 10in. Mustang setup with an adapter plate welded to the bellhousing to accomodate the...
  7. tachometer wire swap at inst. cluster

I am wrapping up a 96 explorer 5.0 swap to a 95 b2300. Do i have to make the wire swap for the tach to work. I have info for a 98 up 5.0 swap but this doesn't seem to apply to me. there are 3 conn. on my inst.cluster. A 16 pin,12 pin& 10 pin. The blk/yel. wire mentioned in my info is on pin 16...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad