• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Multiple misfire on a 96 ranger

Really could use some ideas here my 4.0 ohv runs great when it’s cold and idles beautiful until it warms up then it runs like hell I’ve replaced the coil pack,wires,plugs the distributor thing on the back of the engine tps and it still runs like hell once it warms up Amy ideas guys? Oh to make...
  2. Explorer knuckle to ranger swap?

Looked around on here can’t find a clear answer I have a 98 mountaineer V-8 AWD can I swap the front knuckles to my 98 ranger do they interchange or is more work needed?
  3. Ok I am stumped now any ideas?

Ok so I have a 1991 B2 that was fitted with a 1993 mustang harness and motor a few years back also with a 5-speed it had a decent built 306 twist wedge heads stuff like that well it finally broke the crank and was sold and past around a few times and now I own it I have a stock 91 5.0 in it now...
  4. 1998 explorer very bad shake after 55 mph and hit a bump

I have a 1998 explorer something is not right in the front end if you run over 55 and hit a bump the front end will shake very violently it will scare you it shakes so bad it has new wheel bearins upper and lower ball joints cv shafts tie rods look great and it was just lined up if you keep it...
  5. 1998 Explorer t-case awd to manual?

Is it possible to swap out my awd t-case in my 1998 explorer and put the manual transfer in it so it would be 4x4 not AWD?
  6. 1997 Explorer very bad noise in front end

Hello I have a 1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD it has a bad noise coming from the front end I thought it sounded like the axles were bad it would do it going down the road and if you would turn sharp like in a parking lot it got really bad so I changed the axles and it still does it I took the front drive...
  7. ok does this make any sense to you guys at all?

My buddy swears up and down that he took a 1897 ranger with a 2.9 in it and swaped a 1991 351 f.i. motor extended the wires to the injection for the other 2 cyl and pluged in the computer for the 351 and it all worked just fine there has to be more to it wouldent there be? :dunno:
  8. I have a 1987 ranger lift kit/ fit any explorer?

I have a 1987 ranger with a 6 in lift and a 3 in body lift and well it got rolled if you can imagine that regular cab short bed with 35s and I have almost new axles only 200 miles on them with 456 gears is it possible to swap this lift set up into a explorer?
  9. exploder dana 35-28 gears

Ok so I am wanting to swap out my Dana 28 to a 35 but the problem I have is less than 200 miles ago I had 456 gears put in the front and rear can I swap the guts out ore will I have to have the front and rear set up again I would also like to swap in the disk brake rear because mine has the drum...
  10. Range Diesel trans?

Does the turbo diesel range run a diffrent trans than the gas 2.3 or are they the same bolt pattern on the bell housing?
  11. ranger frame / bronco ii body?

Anyone here ever tried to put a bronco ii body on a short bed regular cab ranger frame?
  12. 1989 ranger gt production numbers?

Ok so just how rare is it to find a 1989 ranger gt I found one at a car lot and it has everything a gt should have is there any way to be sure it is a real gt and does anyone know what kind of numbers of these were made? Thanks for any help I am looking at it Saturday so we will see what happens.
  13. 1997 Explorer control track 4x4 lights blinking?

Any ideas on this my lights blink on the dash both the 4-high and 4-low at the same time and when I turn it feels like its in 4x4 with two diffrent size tires but I have all 4 the same size and brand? I am lost any help would be great thanks..............
  14. Ranger with a rebel package?

Is there a such thing as a rebel package on a ranger my uncle had one it was a 1993 and it had a front bumber/valence on it with fog lights in it verry nice looking and something like a bolt on cowl that was on the hood iht whole length of the hood any one have any ideas or pics of what this...
  15. 1998 x-cab doors being a pain in the .......

Anyone know why in the heck my rear doors will not open? the top comes loose but the bottom will not unlatch and my door ajar light on the dash is always on it wont go out? Any help and or pics would be great Thanks! :yahoo:
  16. 1998 Ranger timing? what the duce?

Ok can anyone tell me how in the hell to set the timing on 1998 Ranger 4.0 ohv I hav a 1996 motor I swaped everything over to put that motor in my 1998 after I took the thing that looks like dist. out and now I can get it in time any help would be great thanks! Dustin. :icon_confused:
  17. Ranger Diesel

Hello yall just wondering what bell housing does the non-turbo diesel have is it the same as a reg. 2.3? Thanks.:headbang:
  18. T-5 4x4 swap"?

Is it possible to put a transfer case on a t-5 transmission from a mustang to do a 5.0 swap in a ranger and will a bell housing from a f-150 fit this trans also"? thanks for any help you can give I have been through the library and dont know if I am to dumb to figure this out reading or what so...
  19. 3.0 Fwd ? 3.0 Rwd

Is it possible to put a 3.0 from a frontwheel drive into a real wheel I have been hearing alot of stuff on this can anyone clear this up for me?
  20. 2.9 swap question

What is involved in swaping a 2.9 into a 1994 3.0 can I just swap the harness under the hood is it a plug and play? Any help is great just trying to feel out my options it seams the 2.9 parts are easyer to find thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad