• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 clutch swap

has anyone done the 4.0 clutch on the 2.9 swap in the tech library? some feedback would be great. also i wanted to know which year was used. my brother has a centerforce clutch on his 2.9 and it works great with 31 in tires. i've got the 2.9 but mine is 4wd with 33 in tires. also will the 4.0...
  2. camburg or mcniel?

has anyone had a long travel kit installed from camburg or mcniel? i want to get a long travel 4wd ttb but which is better? if anyone has one of these kits on their truck let me know how its working out and how you got it set up.
  3. 8.8 swap ?s

im going to swap my 7.5 for an 8.8 off an explorer. what i wanted to know is if the single drive shaft swap in the tech library will work with the 8.8?
  4. leaf spring perches on 8.8 swap

anyone know if the stock ranger springs bolt up to the 8.8 spring perches from an explorer? im trying to go spring under with it.
  5. annoying 2.9

i have an 86 2.9 4wd with a mitsu 5 speed. in 91 the engine caught fire and everything burned (engine bay). 12 years later i replaced everything with parts off another truck (same) except for it was xlt or something not quite sure cuz i didnt get the parts. finally i get it running-really bad...
  6. tranny mounts

does anyone have a fix for the tranny cross member bolting mounts they're all tore up and the tranny's sagging. on an 86 4x4 the crossmember has rubber bushing type mounts were the bolts go through it to bolt to the frame. old age and a lot of hard driving f*cked them up.
  7. leaky seal

i got a leaky output shaft seal on my 86 4wd. i know its the seal and not the shaft but i'm having trouble finding the seal. would anybody happen tohave a part # of just the seal not the kit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad