• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1987 2.9 starter relay harness question

Thanks Ron maybe it’s orange with a white stripe? I’ll have to clean it up more. If I’m reading the wiring diagram right brown would be for power door locks which my ranger doesn’t have
  2. 1987 2.9 starter relay harness question

I noticed a broken wire coming off my starter relay. It’s yellow off the relay then splits into 3 fusible links which are all 20ga. And then all 3 wires go into main harness.The broken/green crusty wire looks to be brown with white stripe? I can’t find this wire in the wiring diagrams, can...
  3. Thermostat housing still leaking

Ron thanks for the help! I finally got it to stop leaking, took a Roloc wheel to the intake where the oring seats and got nice and clean. Been a couple days, no leaks yet.
  4. Thermostat housing still leaking

I just got done doing a new water pump, thermostat and new radiator. Always had trouble with the oring sealing on thermostat housing. Sure enough slapped it together using permeates thermostat and water pump gasket maker on outside flange away from oring sealing surface followed instructions on...
  5. Thermostat gasket

What’s confusing me is the oring would seal against a gasket and not the water neck if a gasket was used also. Wouldn’t it be a better seal without it?
  6. Thermostat gasket

I’m in Connecticut we don’t have autovalue here
  7. Thermostat gasket

I’ll probably have to make one, I can’t find the gasket anywhere without getting the water neck too.
  8. Thermostat gasket

The Hayes manual shows a thermostat oring and gasket being used on the 2.9. I was wondering if the factory service manual shows the same? I’ve always had a problem with the waterneck leaking eventually when just using an oring.
  9. Wanted 1987 ranger 4x4 parts

I’m looking for some disc brake dust shields for 1st gen ranger with 4 wheel drive. Think it’s a Dana 28. Also need a turn signal switch. Im in Connecticut,thanks!
  10. SOLD! Ford oem blue floor mats

Interested! How much shipped to 06118?
  11. Anyone in Connecticut recommend an alignment shop?

Was able to get it aligned. If anyone in Connecticut is having trouble finding an alignment shop I recommend Flanders alignment in Hartford’s south end.
  12. 2.9 Turbo Project

sick!
  13. Anyone in Connecticut recommend an alignment shop?

Right on, I appreciate the help man!
  14. Anyone in Connecticut recommend an alignment shop?

I’ll throw the bushings in myself, I just did a whole suspension/steering rebuild short of doin front springs
  15. Anyone in Connecticut recommend an alignment shop?

I took it to one shop, they had it on the rack for 2 hours got everything in the green except camber. They want me to come back next Monday when the old school guy is there. This is one of 2 shops in my area that will attempt to align it. I can’t imagine my springs have sagged that much? Should...
  16. Anyone in Connecticut recommend an alignment shop?

Trying to get my 1987 ranger 4x4 aligned but nobody seems to know how to align it. Stock height, all new shocks, tie rods,ball joints, radius arm bushings etc.
  17. For Sale Fm145 parts, 2.3 bellhousing,BW 1350 transfer case

Right on I’ll let ya know what they quote for shipping
  18. 1987 spindle dust shield

Ok cool good to know, it goes between the spindle and steering knuckle.
  19. For Sale Fm145 parts, 2.3 bellhousing,BW 1350 transfer case

Just saw this, sorry for the delay.. it’d probably be ridiculous amount to ship the stuff but I’ll ask at fastenal this week. The fm145 case is cracked at the front bearing retainer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad