• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger4657

Colorado Members?

Been along time... anyone from Colorado still here?
  2. Ranger4657

4.0l engine idle swing

with this motor is any swing in idle speed acceptable? ive been working on solving an idle problem and have it running now at 700-800 rpm with around a 50 rpm swing. this is down from a 200-300 rpm swing. im making progress and just want to know if im chasing ghosts at this point, i dont have...
  3. Ranger4657

dont know if any of you are into CUDA programing

forgot i had done this last semester for my high performance computer architecture class , wrote some software to generate a video mosaic using a fermi gen. cuda enabled NVIDIA GPU. turned out pretty good for the time i had, could have made it allot better but ran out of tackling fuel. figured i...
  4. Ranger4657

anyone have access to the ford repair database ?

looking for the ford removal / install procedure, and specs for a 1994 4.0L v6 , hopefully someone can help me out here, alldatadiy and chiltons dont really have to much info for the job (harmonic ballancer cracked and hammered out the keyway on the crank snout on my truck , hell of a way for...
  5. Ranger4657

Black_STX build

welp. im bored atm so i decided to go ahead and start my build thread. i already have allot of stuff done, but ill try to find some old pics and be as chronological as possible. when i first got the truck : 1994 ranger STX 3.0L 4x4 i was driving my brother around with our cousin teaching...
  6. Ranger4657

strange idle

tracking down a strange idle on my 1994 4.0L w/ egr system . its a brand new ford factory rebuilt motor new IAT, ECT, coil pack , plugs, wires,, o2 sensors, 100% new EGR system, injectors (they are sealed not leaking at the o rings im 100% on that), fuel pressure regulator, reused the IAC...
  7. Ranger4657

long block 4.0 ??

anyone know a good company to buy a long block from? i was going to buy from ford ( most reliable i can think of ) theyre at $2070 for there long blocks can anyone suggest another company? i was looking at marshall engines, but the reviews i read were bad. then i found this company called...
  8. Ranger4657

EGR question

working on a 4.0 swap, the colorado emissions tech. center says that in 1994 the 4.0L OHV engine only came with EGR, can anyone confirm this for me? my ranger service manual says that there were both, non-EGR(federal emissions) and EGR(calif emissions) in 1994.. the emissions tech guys...
  9. Ranger4657

engine wiring diagram

anyone have access to fords database ? im looking for a reliable engine wiring diagram for a 1994 4.0L engine
  10. Ranger4657

OHV SOHC M50D trans differences?

im looking at a 4.0 swap, i already have an OHV m50d trans, im considering the SOHC engine. are they're any differences in the m50d trans from the SOHC to the OHV? will my OHV trans bolt to the SOHC?
  11. Ranger4657

anyone interested in helping me out? (colorado members)

hey guys, this saturday i need to go pull out a 4.0L and a 5speed tranny from on of the junkyards around denver and need some help with it, anyone interested? let me know ( i can throw you a 6 pack of beer or something for it if you want) i havent really had a chance to meet many of you...
  12. Ranger4657

breaks soft at idle etc.

hey guys, so, lately, when im stopping at idle (clutch in just about to stop at low speed) i press the brake, and it feels soft as hell.. however when braking at speed anytime the rpms are above 1500 ish its fine... initially i thought a vacuum leek but all seems to be well there (tested...
  13. Ranger4657

awsome view!

was out wheeling yesterday and found this spot. snapped a picture , came out REALLY cool. best picture ive ever seen of the Colorado mountains! worthy for everyone to see i think!
  14. Ranger4657

empire,Co. camping

went up to empire colorado last night, went camping and messed around today, some cool shots i thought id share with peopple.
  15. Ranger4657

new camera

couldent resist taking some higher quality pictures of cluster and inside lighting.
  16. Ranger4657

goodyear auto shops

are insanely retarded. im working on my brothers truck right now. getting it rolling again. did the ball joints today, and found a few things that ticked me off.... first was that they did not install those inner brake pad clips (that keep it from going cockeyed) on both sides! so they got...
  17. Ranger4657

checker auto parts to oriley auto parts

does anyone hate this transition? i used to be a frequent customer to my checker parts store, but then they got absorbed or something. new coumpter systems and junk, and i SWEAR, no one knows how to find parts now. i went in asking for an exhaust gasket and the guy didnt know what i was...
  18. Ranger4657

air chisel bits

anyone know where to land a pickle fork attachment for an air chisel relatively cheeep? looked online and they're kinda pricy. id like one wide enough to do both ball joints and tie rod ends
  19. Ranger4657

aweful stench

comming from some where inside this truck, it has no seats no carpet, just bare bones... WHERE IS IT COMMING FROM!?!?! does anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of it, other then sending it to the scrapper or the people who clean hursts?
  20. Ranger4657

black box near battery?

has two or so hard plastic hoses comming out of it? one leads to a head. anyone know what thease are, the truck im workin on now has the hose cut right as it goes into the box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad