• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RodBarnes

Identifying which transmission?

Door sticker has a "D". According to the tech library, for the 2002 4.0 this is the 5R55E transmission. Thanks to all for the info and recommendations.
  2. RodBarnes

Identifying which transmission?

I have a 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 w 4.0 V6 SOCH (VIN: 1FTZR45E82PA18054). How do I know which transmission I have? I read there are 4R44E/55E and 5R44E/55E. I'd just like to know which I have so when I go searching for new filter, etc., I can be sure I'm getting the correct part for my...
  3. RodBarnes

Can't get it to go into park

Took another look: Those two bolts were tight and only secure the black case (sensors?) to the side of the transmission.
  4. RodBarnes

Can you tell me how you think it has shifted? I see two bolts -- the one you circled and a similar one on the other side -- that appear to secure the black case to the side of the transmission. (I assume this case is the electrical sensors for positioning?) Does it look like that entire case...
  5. RodBarnes

Recently, I've been unable to move the shift lever into Park. It goes into all the others R, N, D, 2, 1 but my attempts to move it into Park it just won't go. Or, will barely, sometimes, if I really work at it but mostly not. It has always been that the needle is not aligned exactly with the...
  6. RodBarnes

Emergency brake pedal is stuck

FIXED! Partially ice buildup (I believe) and part dufus. There's a little connection box (part of my backup camera I installed) that had come loose yesterday. I noticed it hanging down but just moved it out of the way to finish my plowing. Well, moving it out of the way put it in the path of...
  7. RodBarnes

Well, it's unstuck -- mostly. (I suspect the improvement came from sitting in the shop overnight which is heated right now). And I remember that I did plow through some deep snow yesterday (preparing for the next storm) so maybe some ice buildup. But, it is still not fully there. The pedal is...
  8. RodBarnes

According to my specs, the EFI-SOHC (which is what I have) is 205hp. And that works well; mashing the pedal, it just gets up and goes.
  9. RodBarnes

No; have not. Since pushing the pedal further down ratcheted a couple additional teeth (based upon sound) that is the first thing I am going to look at is the pedal release itself. But most of the research I've read all spoke about the cable being stuck and such. Yet, again, since I use mine...
  10. RodBarnes

@85_Ranger4x4 BTW: I checked out your Ranger Build -- very nice. Must be awesome having that 5.0 in there. Mine has the 4.0 V6 which works pretty well for most everything I do. But a V8; yeah, nice.
  11. RodBarnes

Pretty sure it isn't ice buildup as I wasn't in anything deep today. That's what I'm guessing. I assume you mean the mechanics inside the drum? If that were the case, I'd expect the pedal to come up and just the brake not release. (But maybe not on a Ranger?) When it didn't release the...
  12. RodBarnes

I have a 2002 Ranger SuperCab 4x4. Today, I stopped and put the emergency brake on* and then when I went to release it, the pedal would not release. It is stuck down and won't release. I'm going to investigate tomorrow morning but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has a known fix. To be...
  13. RodBarnes

OEM Mud Flaps source

Mine is a 2002 XLT 4WD Supercab w standard bed.
  14. RodBarnes

OEM Mud Flaps source

Those in the photos are different than what I have but they're the same style as everything I've been able to find online. No one seems to have just the flat mud flaps like I have.
  15. RodBarnes

OEM Mud Flaps source

@Roert42 That sounds promising; yes, please send a photo. These mud flaps are just flat plastic that are mounted to a bracket on a frame. I checked closer and discovered that the mud flap is missing because the bracket is gone from the frame -- see attached photos. So, I'll have to acquire...
  16. RodBarnes

OEM Mud Flaps source

@sgtsandman I checked LMC (they're my main source) but I couldn't find them anywhere. Kinda hard to know in what category to find them. Junk yard could be an idea...
  17. RodBarnes

OEM Mud Flaps source

I have a 2002 XLT 4x4 and have lost the left rear mud flap some where. I've searched around for an OEM source but haven't been successful. Does anyone have a source for these? I don't want to replace all of them, just would like to add the one I'm missing.
  18. RodBarnes

Fuel problems, won't continue running after startup

@RonD Can you explain then how the return mechanism works? There has to be something that determines that the fuel pressure is sufficient and then "opens" the return line (or whatever) so the fuel goes back to the tank instead of to the engine. In another thread, you said the Ranger doesn't...
  19. RodBarnes

BTW: Out of curiosity, I cut open the old filter 'cause I wanted to see how it worked. Got it open but wasn't successful seeing anything about how the return mechanism works. But I did confirm the filter was pretty brown, so seemed pretty dirty.
  20. RodBarnes

UPDATE: I purchased this kit and it worked great. Read 65 psi running, 61 psi after turning off the engine, and leak-down to 59 psi after 5 minutes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad