• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1996 STX 4x4 Ext. Cab Pricing

I'm thinking about selling my truck in the near future and was wondering roughly what these go for? It's a 1996 STX 4wd, extended cab, 5spd 4.0L. There is some small damage behind the driver sided rear wheel, but other than that it's really in great shape (some rust bubbles on tailgate and...
  2. Factory Side Step Ques.

Does anyone know if a set of side steps from an 01' will mount up to a 96'? Thanks
  3. IAC Cleaning

Has anyone ever cleaned their IAC, only to have it make a loud humming sound after? Any ideas on how to make it stop?
  4. Coil Pack Lift

How long do these typically last? My truck has had the usual tune-up stuff done (has 105k and I changed the plugs/ wires/ air and fuel filters/ cleaned the MAF) but it now has a little miss (2k on tune-up). The only thing I haven't changed is the coil pack.
  5. Side Steps

Does anyone know if Explorer factory side steps will fit an extended cab Ranger?
  6. 2" Body Lift Pic Wanted

Anyone have a pic of a 2" body lift? I currently have 2" coil spacers up front and am considering a small body lift... Thanks!
  7. Another Battery Light Question

So I just changed the upper/lower hoses and T-stat, put the truck back together and take it for a ride. Everything was going good until the battery light came on. It's an older Optima battery, but seems to be holding a charge just fine. I put a tester on it and it's at 12.63v. When the truck...
  8. MB Motoring

Anyone ever run these before? They are the Discount Tire brand...they have a deal going right now, but wasn't sure how they were. Also, I'd like to go with a 15x8. It sounds like the correct B.S. would be like 3.75", does that push them out too far?
  9. One-Piece Alum. Driveshaft

Does anyone know what length one should be for a 96 4x4 ext. cab? I just bought one that the guy swears is out of a 99 ext. cab, but it's about 4" too long. Would the 2wd version be longer since it's not going to a transfer case? Also, I know my stock 2-piece has the slip joint for...
  10. M/T Classic II Wheels

Does anyone run these? I'd like to get some for my 96 4x4, but am not sure if they fit the hubs. Thanks
  11. Double Carden Joint

I have a 96 4x4 and the front shaft had a double carden joint. I saw the article in the Tech section (I'm changing U-Joints), but I'm having a hard time finding the rubber piece that has the needle bearings that the cv type ball goes into. Does anyone know exactly what it's called and where to...
  12. Ranger Wheel Fitment

I have a 96' Ranger with 15" wheels and would like to upgrade to the newer 16" wheels. My question is, what year can I fit on my truck (I know the hub becomes the issue).
  13. Stub Shaft Removal

I have a 96' 4x4 STX 4.0 Ranger that I'm in the process of replacing the ball joints on the passenger side and figured I'd do the u-joints while I'm in there. My question is, how is the stub shaft (I think that's the correct name) come out of the front diff? Are there c-clips or something...
  14. Shock and Spring Ques.

I have a 96' 4x4 STX 5spd that needs some suspension work. I figure while I'm doing it, I might as well level it off. What brand springs (thinking 1.5") and what are some good shocks for these truck? Is there anything else that will need to be changed? Would spacers work just as good as new...
  15. Coil Spring Lift

Does anyone know what is needed to run the something like a 2" lift coil in front of a 96 STX 4x4? The truck has a manual trans... Thanks
  16. Surging at 1,500-2,000 RPM

Does anyone have any ideas? While driving down the road at lower RPM's, the truck likes to surge/ stumble a bit. Seems to be doing it under harder accelleration as well. It has 103k on it. Here is what I've changed trying to get rid of it: - Plugs/ wires - Fuel filter - 02 that was...
  17. Front Bumper Removal

Hello everyone- Can someone tell me how many bolts hold on the front bumper of a 96 STX and their location? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad