• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. thutton

Small Hole Repair - Option

Hey, I notice that a hanger on my exhaust pipe broke off leaving a dime size hole, I am wondering what peoples recommendations are on repairing the hole and what they have used in the past, the hanger is not needed to keep pipes connected. Id rather not buy a pipe and have to pay a shop to...
  2. thutton

Shifter Insulation / Part ID help

Hello, I am trying to find a picture of: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=LXAK%2bOjREPUISJH70pTdWw%3d%3d&id=317220963&m=2&search=true&year=1990&make=Ford&model=Ranger to see if it is the part I am looking for, I am trying to find the part that would go in my shift boot (at...
  3. thutton

Overnight, Massive tick

Hey, I havn't posted in some time but when I did you guys were great. I have a 90 Ranger 2.9L with a fully reman'd engine about 40,000 on it. On my way home from work a couple nights ago I started to hear a slight tick, like sticking lifter kind of tick, was sporadic. the next morning I...
  4. thutton

Replacing Body Mount, Question

Hello, So my 90 Ranger's body mounts have disintegrated and are in need of replacing. I got a quote from Ford and well the cost is kinda outrages... 200-300 bucks for some rubber... My question is anyone have experience or opinions on polyurethane body mounts such as...
  5. thutton

Rear Axle Swap, Quick Question

Hello, Swapping the rear end on my truck due to broken gear, What i need to know is what year ranger axles directly fit and what dont? I read on here that the new axles are 2" wider.. Does that just mean the wheels will stick out an inch further on each side? as with my 1990 they are further...
  6. thutton

Wont go into 2wd!

Hello, I need some advice on adjusting the Manual shifter on my transfer case, it clicks into all modes fine except 2wd, tested and confirm even when 4x4light is off truck is still in 4wd. When pushing it to 2wd it feels like the shifter hits its furthest position forward but its just a...
  7. thutton

Safe to Keep Driving?

Hello, I just serviced my rear diff (7.5 Open) and notice 1 tooth on my top spider gear is broken roughly half the tooth, it seems the previous owner had it serviced after wards as there was no metal shards in fluid, there is no noise coming from the diff nor any operating problems. My...
  8. thutton

Periodic Stutter when Locked

Delete This, Problem Found
  9. thutton

First Pics of My Ranger

Hey I havnt posted pics of the overall truck yet, so I thought what the hell... what ya think? After adding Roll Bar lights and new tires. Better shot of roll bar but before tires.
  10. thutton

Rebuilt Break In Question.

Hello, I recently had an entirly new rebuilt motor installed in my truck, There is a tick with it.. Not like the knock I had (causing the rebuild int he first palce). My question is, is this normal for breaking in an engine? will the tick quiet or go away after its broken in? There is no...
  11. thutton

Sound Insulation Above Tranny?

Hello, I have found out recently that when the previous owner of my truck had the tranny replaced, they neglected any sound insulation above the tranny (Under/Around Shifter).. Is this somthing I can buy from a parts store? if so what is it called? or is there anything I can do to shut it...
  12. thutton

Best Place to Get/Order Parts

Hey Anyone in the lowermainland know a good place for parts, as no sites I have found ship to Canada its a bit of a pain, I dont wanna get raked by a supplier to order parts for me so if you know one that wont... Any thoughts.. or past experience, this is for aftermarket stuff not just regular...
  13. thutton

Temp Gauge/Sending Unit...?

Hey, Quick question, my 90 Ranger 2.9 v6 is for sure heating up. Rad hose gets hot etc and replaced thermostat.. However my Gauge doesnt read the temp it remains on cold.. Where is the sender unit, can it be replaced easy enough, or is this a common problem that is resolved another way...
  14. thutton

What Could This Be?

Hey, While investigate Battery draw and inspecting what previous owner frankensteined with the stereo, I came accross an item I cant identify plastic black box with ZERO identify codes/Brands, 3 Wires, any thoughts? The Green light APPEARS to come on with motion can't say for sure as it...
  15. thutton

Finally a Member! lol

Hey, Be a long time planning to pick up a truck.. my Lowered Car just wasnt cutting it for being an outdoorsy type.. So beginning of this week I found myself a 1990 Ranger XLT 2.9L. Its already got a 3" body lift (Not a hug body lift fan but im not complaining) Running 31" tires.. Just...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad