• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bronco_lou

Fibreglass door panels

Looking for a little information, I have decided to make custom door panels from fiberglass. I plan on using foam, gluing and layering to get the shape that I want for a plug and then glass over it, remove the foam and poof I have my panel. I am looking for what type of foam is best to use, a...
  2. bronco_lou

2.9 vs 4.0

Now that I am almost finished with my 4.0 install, I thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the 2.9 and 4.0. Has anyone tested the 0 to 60 time for the 2.9 and the 4.0? If not would some of you all be willing to post your times for your 2.9 and 4.0 broncos? I should have...
  3. bronco_lou

Oil Pan question

I got a new gasket for the oil pan, the old one was rubber and fit into a slot around the pan, the new gasket was flat....is this the wrong gasket? Thanks, Louis 94 4.0
  4. bronco_lou

4.0 not running on cyl 2 and 6

Hello all, I have a 88 bronco II that I just swapped in a 94 4.0, the truck has the complete wiring harness from the 94 explorer. I just cranked it up for the first time tonight and it’s not running on cyl 2 and 6. The engine was pulled about one year ago from a rolled explorer and has sat in a...
  5. bronco_lou

4.0 year? how to tell

Ok quick question for all the 4.0 experts, how do you tell what year engine you have? I have one, from what I was told was a 94, but I was just looking at the explorer book and it says that 96 and on the rear seal is flush with the back of the block....mine is flush. Now I don't know if someone...
  6. bronco_lou

2.9 with edis?

Does anyone know of someone that has changed a 2.9 to edis? I am in the process of putting a complete wiring harness from a 94 explorer in my 88 bronco ii, I plan on someday putting in a 4.0 but for now I am going to run my 2.9. I need to look at the computer pin outs and see if there is a easy...
  7. bronco_lou

94 Explorer parts in a 88 bronco II

OK, I opened a big can of worms and looking for a little information. I have a 88 bronco II and after doing a little looking around on here I decided it would be cool to put in a newer dash. I got a dash from a 93 explorer and proceeded to do the swap. After buying two books and pulling half my...
  8. bronco_lou

column shift on bII

Were all of the auto trans bronco's from 89 on, column shift? also does anyone have a trick to get the little pin out so I can flip my shift lever down on the trans so I can hook up the cable shifter? Thanks, Louis
  9. bronco_lou

Wiring harness ends

Does anyone know of a source for replacement ends on the harness (plug connectors)? I have a few in the engine bay on my 88 Bronco II that have the little ears broken off and would like to replace them. Thanks, Louis
  10. bronco_lou

radio swap into 88 bronco II

I did a search and did not come up with anything, Does anyone know what radio that is better than the stock am/fm cass from any ford model will plug right in to the bronco harness? Thanks, Lou
  11. bronco_lou

need a headliner

Hey Bronco II owners, what are you all doing with the old ratty headliners in your trucks? I got one from a JY and it is very delicate, part of it is crumbling. I am at a loss as to how to cure this problem. Any ideas and advice is welcome. Lou
  12. bronco_lou

88 transfer case question

Does anyone know what are the wires for that come out from the 2wd transfer case by the speedo cable? is it a speed sensor? Thanks, Lou
  13. bronco_lou

need a wiring expert :)

OK, does anyone know how the auto headlight function works on newer autos? I know it has the sensor on the dash, what I am needing to know is there a control box that works with the headlight switch or is there something in the headlight switch itself that controls how they work? I would like...
  14. bronco_lou

Interior mods to B2

Hello all, Looking for a little info...I went to the junkyard today and snagged a dome light and center console from a 95 explorer, dome light fit fine with a little mod to the old b2 and it looks like the console will fit with a little fab work. Does anyone know what year explorer had the...
  15. bronco_lou

Need help with power window problems

Hello all, I am trying to get my power windows working, the drivers side works just need to fix the gear in the motor, the problem is the pass side, at one point it would just go down and not up, now it wont go at all ( I have ran power to the motor and it works). I thought I had a bad...
  16. bronco_lou

Hello all, My name is Louis and I live in Columbia, SC. I just picked up this 1988 Bronco II 2wd for 300.00.....I have owned 3 bronco II's in the past and could not turn this one down. It has a few issues but should be on the road in a few days. I am sure I will have some questions and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad