• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Manual trans. reinstall

2004 Ford Ranger manual transmission reinstall. Got the bellhousing to get to about 1/4 inch from where it mounts up to engine. I put bolts in at 9 and 3 and was able to tighten little by little back and forth until the bellhousing was flush with engine. Does this mean that the spines are...
  2. 2004 Ranger Clutch Problem.

Hi, 2.3, 2w drive Started truck, clutch had loose feeling, easy to depress. Could not put truck into gear (seems clutch would not engage) Checked clutch fluid reservoir and it was low Have not been able to find where fluid is leaking from because snowy weather 140k on truck. Clutch...
  3. 2004 ford ranger missing badly...

Hey Ranger Station, I put a can of seafoam through the fuel tank and my mpg went down from 25 to 19 highway miles and stayed there for 3 tanks. Did some research and decided to replace pcv valve, fuel filter, plugs, and both o2 sensors. (wires were on back order). I disconnected negative...
  4. coolant system flush

Is the flush chemical recommended?
  5. coolant system flush

can someone explain the best procedure on flushing and changing engine coolant. some have said to use the prestone flush kit while others have said not too. if not what is the best way to flush and change the coolant?
  6. poor mpg...

man. trans. reg cab (cap though), no load at all. 70 highway (truck really won't go much faster).
  7. poor mpg...

factory spec. is a bit higher and i here people on here getting over 30.
  8. poor mpg...

only getting 24 or 25 highway mpg with my 2004 ranger 2.3 any ideas?
  9. o2sensors and thermostat

hey i have about 70000 miles on my 2004 ranger. i am going to flush cooling system soon and was wondering if with the amount of miles on the truck it would be a good idea to change the thermostat when i do this. also if it is should i get a motocraft thermostat or will any brand from my local...
  10. Oil Change/Hard Start

4.5 quarts is resonable, that is what my 2004 2.3 takes. Also "hard" starts is something to be expected and is a known condition with the 2.3 duratec engine. Nothing to worry about this engine just takes a few more senconds to start than most.
  11. question regarding rear axle differential...

Hey, I have a 2004 4cyl. 2.3 Ranger. It is 4x2 and seems to be a standard base model. Also from the reseach I got from the dealer it does not have a locking rear. The reason I gave this info. is because I came into something that concerns me while changing the rear diff. fluid. Everything...
  12. oil bypass filter systems...

Anyone have any opinions on them. Will they make a rangers engine last much longer? The ones I was looking at were on the amsoil website. - Mike
  13. Rear differential fluid change...

Hi, I have a 2004 Ford Ranger with a 2.3L engine. I have a few questions regarding rear differential fluid change. Firstly, is it necessary to remove the side of the transfer case in order to clean it out thoroughly or can I just drain via the drain plug and then refill. Also what is the best...
  14. PCV valve

Hey, I have a 2004 Ranger 2.3L. I'm not sure where the PCV valve is located. If anyone could tell me this would be appreciated. Thanks - Mike.
  15. Questions regarding trans. fluid and axl fluid...

oh, ok thanks for the response.
  16. Questions regarding trans. fluid and axl fluid...

Hey, I have 2004 Ford ranger with a 2.3 engine in it and manual trans. I was wondering if the truck would drive and shift better if I changed the manual trans fluid to full synthetic as well as the real axl fluid to full synthetic. Any help on this appreciated. - Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad