• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tach not accurate

1991 3.0 XLT 5-speed; 268,000 miles. Bought the truck new; sold it to a friend and got it back recently. Now, the original tachometer is registering about 50% too high. When the engine is idling around 800 rpm, the tach is reading about 1300. Normal cruise at 2000 rpm is registering 3000...
  2. I'm back!

I purchased my '91 Ranger in Sept 1991 with about 4 miles on it. I sold it in 2011 to the teenager who worked for me on the weekend when it had 198,000 miles. He used it through college; graduated; got married; moved away and gave it to his father-in-law (who is an old friend of mine). He...
  3. emissions fail; causes for high NOX?

91 Ranger; 3.0 L; 5-spd. Failed emissions due to high NOX readings. CO% and HC counts were good. Any ideas where to start. New EGR, new cat or just an oil change? Anybody else have this problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated. - Jimmy
  4. help - '91 won't pass emission test

My 3L 2wd (+180k miles) failed the VA emission test the other day. The shop wants $800 for a "major tune-up" which they say includes new plugs, wires, distributor cap and fuel filter. They also said they would adjust the timing. I told them no. The truck is running great and I don't want to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad