• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. question for machinists/performance minded ppl

well i have a leaking head gasket (or so i hope im losing antifreeze and you can smell it from the exhaust, no physical leaks) and am looking into getting another head installing a cam/valves/porting/shaving it for a lil more umph since i have the head off anyway. looking into the compupro...
  2. what would it take...

what would it take to make a truck drift spec? any suggestions? most cars use coilover front and rear shocks with all wheel independent suspension. i dont think anybody has ever done a drift truck and i want to see what it would take and possibly take on that task. im thinking 4 point link...
  3. new shocks and loss of ride height what to do?

ok this is an odd one on me. i have a 92 2.3 2wd ranger, had a bottoming/body roll issue. look at the shocks, they are bottomed/blown and the cheapest gabriels autozoo has to offer. i had redone my brakes/front wheel bearings in the past due to camber issue and the tires had correct camber...
  4. any experience with this thing?

was digging around and found what looks to be a decent tuning solution for eec4 engines. any experience with the tweecer unit? (www.tweecer.com) looks like you can adjust anything in the ecu with a plug in unit and of course an external wideband, i may try this in the future with my 2.3 engine...
  5. what is this im reading?

okay you guys remember me? lol anyway i have a 93 3.0 4wd ranger that i retired and was going to do a turbo 3.3 stroker to. well i purchased a 92 2.3 ranger and it has taken all my money slowly restoring since the previous owners beat the living dog mess out of her. i.e. new rear end gears, new...
  6. eec4 to eec5 swap?

want to build a new motor and tune it out myself, however not much options tuning my eec4 92 ranger 2.3. since all your tuners are designed for the 95up eec5 computer setup, and if i had a donor vehicle (jy parts rob 10:1...) how hard would it be to convert the eec4 harness and computer to the...
  7. question on model parts swap

was looking the other day at my younger brothers 92 ford tempo 2.3, and noticed the intake manifold was much nicer and more direct than the ranger 2.3 that goes over the valve cover, its the same lima 2.3 from what i noticed, has anybody tried bolting one of these on a ranger to change the...
  8. How to ruin a 2.3 Duratec

+1 lack of lubrication increases ring friction on the walls, also causes dieseling (afterburn) and raw fuel deposits in the exhaust and stops up the exhaust system if its really bad, not that burning oil helps either.
  9. How to ruin a 2.3 Duratec

got one better, rectifier on the gl1100. i did like the holley two barrel conversion for it tho that was kewl.
  10. how legit is this mod?

was looking for tech specs on the 2.3 (chamber cc, deck clearance etc...) and stumbled upon what looks like an amateur mod, looks interesting but idk if it will actually do anything without reprogramming or chipping the computer...have a gander and tell me what you think...
  11. How to ruin a 2.3 Duratec

really good question id like to see what this mechanism looks like, if its as chinchy as a hinge pin on a gl1800 goldwing theres plenty of room for concern...
  12. Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

wow you guys are having an ethanol discussion too i see lovely. ill quote the chevrolet flex fuel owners manual in a 2005 silverado pickup: e85 has less energy but a cleaner burning fuel than regular gasoline however it requires 2 tanks of e85 to get the same mileage as one tank of gasoline...
  13. Gas tank and mpg questions, new to me used 2006, bear with me.

your rpms have nothing to do with when your trk is in closed or open loop. open loop is when your accelerating heavily or decelling a long time, your computer is reading the map and riding the curve per rpm/throttle position/and cfm from the mass airflow sensor. closed loop trims the map...
  14. How to ruin a 2.3 Duratec

so in other words your perm fix worked but your engine was already ruined. sounds like an engineering problem (plastic ball and socket joint? metal plz...) why dont you take a picture of your fix and put it up for suggestion to the tech library thats a valuable piece of info for all 2.3 duratec...
  15. 2.3L turbo?help plz

mini why you knockin fat girlz, got to have something to throw in the bed to level the suspension out and load test my motor b4 i go home and tear that girl a new one!
  16. 2.3L turbo?help plz

turbo swap from an 88 turbocoupe and the like has been done many times, look for it in the tech library and check in the forced induction section. in the case of duratec 2.3 not sure what or how much is available but lots of homework needs to be done based on what you need to do to it. not to...
  17. speed limit

interesting my 93 3.0 ranger auto (a4ld) 4wd ranger would go to 3rd gear wide open but wouldnt shift to 4th gear, the speedo stopped at 85 but it would wrap to the od on overdrive, friend was racin me asked how fast we were going he said 109 in his mustang. my 92 2wd 2.3 m5od manual trk was...
  18. stuck contemplating, input and suggestions requested/appreciated

heres the rundown: i hav a 92 ranger 2wd 2.3 m50d supercab that im slowly rebuilding, chassis/brakes and driveline are approx 60 percent complete, looking into building a longblock and dropping in her. going to rebuild for more power without boosting (nothing against it but this is my dd and...
  19. was at the junkyard...

was at the junkyard and seen a 94 nissan 240sx engine and trans practically complete donor car and said that looks like a hell of a sweet project idea esp for a replacement engine in a blown up 2wd standard 2.3 ranger...nebody ever seen that one done?
  20. headswap question

was digging around the local junkyard for mirrors and air filter adapter off of contour for my round air filter. was digging around and noticed that on the 99 contours they had a twincam head and the cam cap said zetec 16 valve. is that the newer duratec based engine or is this a newer style...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad