• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. FL-400S

This Old XLT

These cables are pretty much like bicycle shifter and brake cables. If I could find a universal cable kit that had ends that would fit the handle and latch actuators I'd try making a set of cables up.
  2. FL-400S

This Old XLT

The cables have an exterior of a polyethylene jacket with a braided metal inner jacket. Those have an inner polyethylene tube that should be bonded to the shield. On mine that inner tube is loose from the shield and looks like it is melted and pulled out of one end. The stranded metal cable...
  3. FL-400S

This Old XLT

This truck has the optional inoperative back door latching system. I ordered a set of 4 ends for the cable shields to replace the deteriorated plastic ends. I spent most of yesterday afternoon replacing the broken parts. the cable shields were heavily deformed at the door handle ends and...
  4. FL-400S

XLT Rear Door Repair

Has anyone here used the aluminum replacement cable ends to re-install the cables to the rear door handles? I've ordered a set but there are no instructions nor can I find any online after 3 hours of trying. They say form follows function, but these defy that saying.
  5. FL-400S

This Old XLT

The previous owner had replaced the synchronizer. The whine is like gears meshing or a worn bearing. it also will sometimes clunk as I draw to a stop after driving. That is like when a transmission unlocks from overdrive.
  6. FL-400S

This Old XLT

The noise is more a whine, like a manual transmission that's a bit low on lube. I've had fan couplers to fail before and this doesn't sound like that. It has the 3.0 engine. It's at the transmission shop now and they've had it for 3 days now and it's sounding like they aren't finding...
  7. FL-400S

This Old XLT

Thanks. I was wondering if these trucks have a relatively noisy drivetrain with an automatic? This truck seems to be a bit louder than the Bronco II I used to own and my current Explorer.
  8. FL-400S

This Old XLT

I recently bought a 2001 Ranger XLT. It came with a few problems I'm addressing. The previous owner wanted to remove the cover for the steering column and tried to gently pry off the plastic portion the key is inserted into. He broke it and that made it have intermittent starting. I ordered...
  9. FL-400S

New Member From Georgia

This one had a few wrinkles that I've started on, the previous owner had tried to pry off the plastic portion of the ignition lock trying to open the column. Replaced that. he had also removed the OEM radio and now I see he bricked it. Bought a new radio. The shield fasteners have...
  10. FL-400S

New Member From Georgia

To be honest, I wanted a truck I could rely on to get to work and get me wherever I need to go and be able to work on when it's needed. Basic stuff, I guess.
  11. FL-400S

New Member From Georgia

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the welcome.
  12. FL-400S

New Member From Georgia

After a few months looking, I finally found a decent Ranger XLT 4 door. I hope to find out about the ways of these trucks here and share whatever I can, having owned a '83 and '79 Bronco II and currently own a '10 Explorer Limited. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad