• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ororion

2.3L ('83-'97) ‘94 2.3L starts and then stalls.

My apologies for the wait! I ended up buying a new car because I had 3 break down in the same week! Crazy!! - Once I was ready to work on my truck again, I decided I wasn't getting anywhere playing with my old PCM. So I bought a rebuilt part from Rockauto ($180). Now it runs solid! Thank...
  2. ororion

It was a high of 47degrees today, so maybe that’s out. I’ll try again when warmer out. Thank you for the advice on PCM! I will put that on the list! That wiring info is exactly something I’ve been looking for!
  3. ororion

RonD replied to my post!!! 😄 CEL turns on with Key On CEL turns off during Crank CEL turns on 1-2 seconds after stall Disabled spark like you described, plugs 2/3 (the easy ones to pull) seem wet, smell fuel-ish, don’t appear to ignite from lighter. Seem fishy? Let it run at open loop. New...
  4. ororion

Yeah, I don’t think it’s O2. Just trying to think of everything, and keeping notes as I go Wasn’t sure to what extent a Knock Sensor could adjust. if it could cause a stall even. Yes, PCM grounds injectors to fire, but based off of what timing? Exact match as spark from ICM? The problem with...
  5. ororion

Truck will stall immediately after starting. Unless I unplug MAF. Then it will run solid for a minute or two…until idle goes rough and then stalls out. Looking for advice. — Current Knowns: *KOEO Code Pass from Ford OBD1 scanner. *Engine smells like burnt rubber when trying to start, not like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad