• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cheaplabor

04 4.0 engine knock/rattle as RMP drops!

My O4 Ranger has been having a knock/rattle sound comming from the 4.0 engine and cant figure it out. I have searched and found that they get the timing chain rattle at 2000-3000 RMP but this happens light at idle and 3-4 loud as i come to a stop and the RPMs drop between 1500 and idle. It...
  2. Cheaplabor

What shocks should i run shocks 2004 Superlift

Hey I just bought a superlift for my 04 off a guy but dosent have shocks with it just wondering what you guys would recomend. I also want to get the skyjacker 6in rear springs for it and was wondering if anyone has them and if they like them.
  3. Cheaplabor

OHC temp. off!

So I install an OHC over the summer and it worked fine tilll Jan. I went on a trip and at one point it started reading off by about 30* and has been like that ever since. I have gone over the wiring to see if something came loose and replaced the temp sensor but still 30* off. So is it time to...
  4. Cheaplabor

Truck shut off and wont Start!!!

So went to the dunes today in my 04 and rode around for a few hours with out many problems parked the truck on a dune to take pics of my friends trucks. When I got in the truck and put it in gear it drove 20ft and died. I thought the fuel relay may have tripped but when reset it did nothing:sad...
  5. Cheaplabor

Armrest repair!!

Well I think the armrest in my truck has been broken since about a month after I rolled it off the lot, and has been an annoyance ever since. About a week ago I found out about an after market replacement for the plastic piece that breaks, Rockauto has them for $40 part# arm100. Broken armrest...
  6. Cheaplabor

Block heater?

Hey, anyone ever use one of the lower radiator hose heater. I was wondering if they work good or if I should just break down and get a freeze plug heater put in. It was -10* to -25* this week in the morning and I think a heater would be nice to have.
  7. Cheaplabor

Need Some Measurements!!

Hey I was just wondering if someone with an 04 supercab could measure the area that the jack cover goes for me. I need the height, width and the depth between back of cab and center consule. I want to build a sub box for their. I would measure it myself but I dont get back for a week and want to...
  8. Cheaplabor

Going to Montana

I just got my new assignment and Iam going to be stationed at Malmstrom. Was wondering if any of you guys are from that area and what its like.
  9. Cheaplabor

Help to choose lift for 04 Ranger

Iam looking to lift my truck this summer when I get back to the states. Ive been looking into the RCD lift and the Superlift and was thinking about running 35s, but may settle for 33s. Mainly just looking for some feed back from guys that run these setups so I can make a good choice. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad