• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9L + Turbo = ?

Strapping a turbo on my 2.9L, have a greased turbo that doesn't require oil lines, and running it just behind the rear axle so heat soak isn't an issue, intake air temp after half hour running is 70 ish F, just need to get my tubing ran along the chassis for the compressor intake and outlet up...
  2. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

Yeah, my 2.9 doesn't have a crank position sensor (that I am aware of or been able to find) so that'd have to be custom wired in
  3. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

Yeah that might be a possibility, we had a 05 mustang come into the dealership I work at to program keys, the PATS module is toast in it and everything is obsolete, I have an HP Tuner and can reprogram the ECU, but by the time I get harness and the license for that era Ford ECU I'm way out of my...
  4. I have a got a mystery afoot

yeah, i replaced the O2 sensor and the MAP sensor, still having the same issue, i found damage in the wiring harness, whoever was in the engine and wiring harness before i got it was really careless when trying to test components, alot of spots that need to be repaired because the wires are...
  5. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

I got 2 4.0L motors for my 1990 ranger that currently has a 2.9L that is done, burning oil like a siv and knocks like a type writer, one engine came out of a 2005 Mustang, the other came out of a 2005 explorer, i have the wiring harness for the 2005 motor, my question is whats the bare bones...
  6. I have a got a mystery afoot

Okay, where to begin, I have 90 ranger with 2.9, Issues I know of, EVERY injector pig tail has clips broken off (have new ones to wire in on the way) cause some issues The mystery however, is when I first start it, runs great, drive for approximately 12 miles and it starts running like dog...
  7. 1997 Ignition lock cylinder won't "spring back" upon start up

remove the negative battery cable and let it sit, in the meantime clean the cylinder lock and inspect for damage, then reinstall your lock cylinder and then reconnect your negative battery cable, insert the key turning it to the on position, that should remedy it, and yes any time you do...
  8. Hello everyone,

Just found up, got a 90 Ranger Ext cab that is going to be a bit of a project, and possibly picking up yet another ranger for a V8 swap, going to the rabbit hole of engine swaps has never been in my forte, but always looking to learn something new, and expanding my horizons and skills,
  9. 2004 2.3L Mazda into a 1990 ranger with 2.9L

Hey everyone, I have a 1990 ranger with a 2.9L 5 speed manual, that's about on its last leg, I have a 2004 Mazda 6 with an auto that's doing nothing with a good 2.3L, will the motor from the Mazda Spline to the 5 speed? The wiring and module swap and fabing motor mount changes doesn't really...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad