• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9L high idle.

Also let it run for a while then decided to try to pull codes while running. while running got code 41 and then after running I did koeo test motor was definetly at operating temp it gave me codes 21 and 82. now I have a 1988ranger 2.9 and it’s a 4x4 5speed so I’m not sure what 82 code is for...
  2. 2.9L high idle.

My fault the picture was at idle showing 18 on gauge. at 2000Rpms was about 22-23
  3. 2.9L high idle.

4. 2.9L high idle.

Okay so I got vacuum tester I’ll show pics of idle and gauge but I noticed when I held it at 2k RPMs I have a slight misfire I’m assuming possibly bad plugs? At 2k rpm’s it stays steady at about 23 on vac tester. Maybe not plugs but something else I’m assuming with good vacuum I have good timing...
  5. 2.9L high idle.

I will have to get a vacuum gauge after work because my multimeter doesn’t have a Hz function I did start the truck at idle it’s showing 2.68 bolts but probably means nothing about the sensor so I will get a vacuum gauge after work and hopefully that will tell me more.
  6. 2.9L high idle.

Okay I will have to go get those tools after work I did test my map sensor voltage at work this morning I have 4.8v on power wire good ground but my signal wire sits at 2.5v I thought it was supposed to read close to 5 volts aswell when KOEO
  7. 2.9L high idle.

so I decided before I asked anymore about this I’d drive truck to work and it started fine drive okay low power on hills poor acceleration but over all drove okay it idles fine soemtimes then sometimes will start to idle real low and jump back up and idle fine and sometimes starts hard will fire...
  8. 2.9L high idle.

It turned out to be the Map sensor because when I unplugged it it idle somewhat normal never stalled I had a old one I put back on and it works fine but truck still has low power when pulling hills and trying to keep up to highway speeds but I had to cut exhaust out to get transmission out I...
  9. 2.9L high idle.

Also when it starts to idle low you can hear a air sound like it’s trying to pull in more air then it will pick back up and idle fine or sometimes it will die out smells like gas a little when it does it like it gets to rich
  10. 2.9L high idle.

Okay so I found vacuum leak fixed it it idles for about20 secs good then starts to chug and idle low then die out starts right back up
  11. 2.9L high idle.

Okay I will do the tests when I get home for vacuum leaks and test the IAC and if that shows nothing I will go buy a timing light and check that out. I will get back with you about my findings. Thank you.
  12. 2.9L high idle.

I will check that out when I get home. I do not have a timing light but I think I will go buy one as much as I could’ve used one throughout working on this truck how exactly should I go about checking timing? Should engine be at operating temp first when checking timing?
  13. 2.9L high idle.

I have a 88 ranger with 2.9l and it has a consistent high idle around 12-1500rpms runs fine except with a little lack of power but it just idles high I replaced IAC but didn’t change anything I tested TPS at idle shows .79 volts I don't have any codes. If I pull the spout connector out it idles...
  14. 1988 2.9L ranger sputtering.

I have a Manual trans. i cleared codes after changing parts aswell. yea i have heard about the problems with the TFI from auto parts stores just hard to find a motorcraft one in stock anywhere. is there a way to test and see how the signal is coming from the computer and how it is coming from...
  15. 1988 2.9L ranger sputtering.

okay i have the Spout wire coming from ecu untapped because i was checking it before i replaced ecu would that have anything to do with it? i don't have a timing light i had to take it to a local shop who timed it for me idles at like 8-900 with spout unplugged it increases to about 1200rpms...
  16. 1988 2.9L ranger sputtering.

Yea it seems to be that that keeps being my issue I’ve replaced all I know to replace I guess it’s just time to look through wiring harness again but it just seems so odd as to why it idled high and sputters and backfires like it does because when spouts unplugged it is like it should be besides...
  17. 1988 2.9L ranger sputtering.

Pulled codes got code 18 I’ve tested the TPS with a multimeter it checks out okay but could it still possibly be bad?
  18. misfire at/around 3000 rpm

I am having similar issue can you explain how I can go about testing the pip signal to computer and how I can test the signal from the computer newer to the electrical side of things but if you could just let me know easiest way to test that to see if my new computer is junk I’d appreciate it.
  19. 1988 2.9L ranger sputtering.

hey everyone so I have a 1988 Ford ranger with the 2.9l. I have had a rough go with it finally getting somewhere. So I had spark issue turned out to be a bad ECM replaced that song with new coil new spark plugs new wires new distributor and a new ignition control module. I had the trucks...
  20. ECC FAILURE?

Okay thank you very much I will respond back when I put in new computer thanks for all the help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad