• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How do I find out what transmission I have?

Thank you guys. Well crap I was just thinking about stuff that could be useful before I get rid of the truck
  2. How do I find out what transmission I have?

My son has a 97 2.3 auto ranger. We bought a 99 3.0 for parts. Both are 2wd. will the transmission out of the 99 go in the 97 if we needed it? Just trying to take off everything we might need before I have the 99 hauled off.
  3. step side panel removal?

How hard is it to remove the drivers side bed side on a step side bed? We have a parts truck and the drivers side has some damage. I am wondering if it would be easier to go to Pick and Pull and remove a bed side if I can find one at the local yard. We are going to paint the whole truck, but...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) P1443 code looking for new lines for purge valve

So my son went to take his drivers test today and we were about 2 miles from home and he said dad the check engine light is on. Plugged the code reader in and got a P1443 code. Unhooked the line coming from the carbon canister to the purge valve and didn’t feel if sucking any air. Picked up a...
  5. How do I know how bad an engine is locked up?

This side looks wet. Didn’t know if it lost a head gasket or what? Not sure what 3.0 we have. And didn’t know if it was worth letting my son wrench on and see if he could get it going or not?
  6. How do I know how bad an engine is locked up?

Back story. I just bought a 99 ranger with a 3.0 in it. 192k on it. The owner said his son was driving it and it quit and wouldn’t start. He took it to a shop and they said the motor was locked up. If you pull the dipstick the oil is old but not milky and radiator has coolant and so does the...
  7. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

Well got the wheel problem solved I think. Just bought a 99 with a blown 3.0 but has brand new tires on it. Now I have a truck for parts
  8. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

Escape wheels probably wouldn’t fit either? Found a set for $150.
  9. to change the fluid or not?

Thanks guys. Any brand of pan with the drain plug? The fluid is dark and the power steering fluid looks like old engine oil. So we need to change it too. This will be my sons daily driver. He’s 16 at the end of the month and ready to have the little truck going
  10. to change the fluid or not?

ok thanks it has 145K on it. definitely don't want to mess it up. I have only done a filter change once and ended up putting a transmission in a week later
  11. to change the fluid or not?

My son bought a 97 4cyl auto ranger. I am pretty sure the fluid has never been changed. It is pretty dark. I have heard for years if it wasn't ever changed not to do it. Then I have read to change it. What do you guys recommend?
  12. Think I can save it?

Here are the pics
  13. Think I can save it?

This is the bed side of my sons 97. I’ve been looking for a used bed but I’m having trouble finding one that isn’t beat up or rusted out. There is a small amount of rust over the wheel well but it’s the only rust on the whole truck. I’m not a body man but my grandfather owned a body shop when I...
  14. 97 dome light questions

Ok well it must be missing. This is how the light looks. We did not take the cover off we got the truck like this. We need to get a cover for it. When we turn the dimmer switch on the rear cargo light does come on so maybe we just need a bulb? Also I took some pics of the inside of the door. We...
  15. 97 dome light questions

It is a 97 sorry I left that off. Ya the lever on the dome light. The lens is missing and there is a little black piece you can move either way and which ever way you push it the bulb closest will come on. But nothing when you open the door or turn The dimmer up it doesn’t come on. I will see if...
  16. 97 needs a new bed

We need a new bed on my sons ranger. It’s a 97 short bed. Looks easy enough to get off my question is will any short bed fit? Like would an 04 fit? Only issue I can really see is would the tail lights plug in?
  17. 97 dome light questions

So on my sons ranger the dome light doesn’t come on when you open the door or roll the switch up on the dash. But I can push the lever either way and the light comes on. Also it doesn’t chime when the door is open or you leave the keys in it. I’m not sure if it is supposed to or not? Any ideas...
  18. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

Anyone know what these are off and if they will fit?
  19. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

Trying to see if the sport trac wheels would just bolt on and be ok. They have almost brand new tires on them and I think they would make the truck look pretty good
  20. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

I also found some Mercedes wheels pictured above

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad