• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LD57

What Are You Listening To???

I have 2 old Pioneer SX-1010's. Old school power!
  2. LD57

What Are You Listening To???

Sometimes ya just gotta listen to an old master.
  3. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Drove home this afternoon and was actually CHILLY in the Ranger!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!
  4. LD57

87 Ranger 2.9 Vacuum issue. I think.

Okee dokee!
  5. LD57

87 Ranger 2.9 Vacuum issue. I think.

Hey, what do y'all use to replace the plastic vacuum lines with? Rubber hose? Mine are beyond patching and splicing.
  6. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Yeah, but I also agree about new parts for old vehicles. That evap will be sent to Carlisle Auto Air here for a refurb. They rock! I also saved the copper heater core, as the new aluminum one seems mighty flimsy. OK, beer-30 and attack the garage disaster!!
  7. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Did that right after Christmas with the valve cover and oil pan gasket change, and alternator, water pump and PS pump replacement. Had the radiator out, so cleaning it was easy. Sat on the little rolling stool and did the fin straightening trick. Took 1.5 beers. It IS the original condenser...
  8. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

OK..... all plumbed up! Suck, baby, SUCK!!! Ran vac an hour and a half-ish, added a can of PAG 46 charge, then the kool juice, then she got to working fill and then....... BOOOOOM!!! MASSIVELY better airflow and fabulously chilly air!! WINNING!!!
  9. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Ya think I might get some better airflow out of the new one??? Holy shite, I had no idea that one was so NASTY!!!!
  10. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Persuaded the engine yank thingie just a tic further out of the way. Nice and snug! The new rubber cushion on back of it made it a good push to get it in there. Then I took that vacuum thingie off the firewall, and BOOM!!!!! All buttoned up, cuss jar is full! Still need to flush the...
  11. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

:icon_confused: Ya know...... maybe the airflow will be stronger without a plugged up evaporator? Doh! 🤪
  12. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Great idea!! I'd repaired it long ago, not *really* knowing what I was doing, and replaced all but the evap and condenser when it came out of mothballs 3 years ago, and I think it's an easy system. Condenser would be easy, but man, I had no real clue what changing evap involved. When I got...
  13. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

BOOM! POS camera!! :pissedoff: Dropping the inner fender was the thing to do, and some of those screws were still a biatch to get to! And of course, one of the trickiest on the bottom had the screw clip rusted enough so it just spun. Managed to get it secure with vise grips and get that...
  14. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Great idea!!
  15. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

That would be great! I've seen comments as crazy as pull the engine to get to it!! :shok: Hoping it goes like my other old ride, an E30 BMW. Most said you HAD to pull the dash out to change the heater core, and when I pulled the steering wheel and drivers seat out and slid under there, it was...
  16. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Hmmmm...... wonder if it will come out if I get the cover closest to the engine off? I have the new core, and it doesn't appear to attach to anything, just held in by the housing where the lines pass through.
  17. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Yeah, it didn't twist, it just broke off, and what the bleep, it's the original evap and they're not expensive, so new it is. Still hoping for some advice on getting the housing off. Thanks!!
  18. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

I ordered a new evaporator right after posting. That writing was on the wall. Not sure how to approach the housing. It *looks* like the half closest to the engine comes off? Does the whole shebang have to come out? Help me Mr. Wizard, help me! 🤪
  19. LD57

Making the cabin hold cold air better

I lined the entire cab and the roof with no headliner with Kilmat, and it helped a lot, obviously with noise too! I did the inside of the outside door skins, and then behind the door panel thingy as well. Big quieting!
  20. LD57

87 2.9 Evaporator Trauma

Hey gang. I pulled the working just fine AC off the truck after Christmas so I could change the valve cover gaskets, along with alternator, water pump and power steering pump. Putting it back on as it's already getting hot here, and I decided to get a new accumulator/drier, which was replaced...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad