• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help identifying engine year

Ok thank you. Yes my ranger is a 93 3.0
  2. Help identifying engine year

I was able to get the vin of the ranger it was pulled from and a couple pictures of numbers from the engine, but not the serial number from engine. Would the vin be enough to tell me more about the engine?
  3. Help identifying engine year

I see thank you for the info. And no it's not a junk yard just a person selling a bunch of ranger parts they have. Not sure of all the parts they have. I knew swapping to a 4.0. would be a bigger project then just a direct swap with another 3.0, doing the conversion would be out of my skill...
  4. Help identifying engine year

Ahh ok. I asked them to find a serial number on the engine. Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to fit a 4.0? If they by chance have the transmission with it and it's a manual like my truck, would I be able to just replace both transmission and engine (besides the fact of the engine...
  5. Help identifying engine year

They said it came out of a ranger with the same body style as a 94 ranger but they weren't sure. Where would the casting number be located? I can ask them to take a picture of it. I blew up my 1993 3.0 engine and was hoping this one would be able to replace it.
  6. Help identifying engine year

Hello, I found an engine for sale but the owner does not know the year. I'm wondering if anybody would be able help Identify the year of this engine? They think it's a 1993/94 but just want to make sure. Thanks.
  7. Engine replacement

Thank you all for the help. From what I am understanding a 3.0 from a 1994 should have the same wiring harness and connections because in 1995 they switched to OBD II ? So its safe to say a 1993-94 3.0 would be fully interchangeable without having too many issues. I've also read that some...
  8. Engine replacement

Thanks! Im not to sure, I am having a hard time finding information. I think they might have only been a 4.0, but I thought I heard of people saying it was a direct fit into the rangers of the same year. Sorry im a bit new to all of this.
  9. Engine replacement

Hello, I am currently looking at replacing my engine on my 1993 manual 4x4, 3.0 V6 ranger. I'm hoping somebody could help on what engines from what years will be a direct swap. Just looking to get the truck running with hopefully no work, just an easy drop and plug in engine. I've heard that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad