• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel injector sleeve/seal rubber?

What is the tapered rubber part that goes on the bottom of the injector? It looks like it sits against the lower intake and may lightly compress to keep the injector in place. I don't see it in any 4.0 or 302 parts listings for injecters or related orings, rebuild parts, etc. I thought it may...
  2. 4.0 OHV oil pump priming tool?

Almost done rebuilding a 4.0 OHV. Does anyone make an oil pump priming tool for these? If not how do you prime the oil system? I'd rather not just crank with plugs out until it gets pressure. The oil pump driveshaft has goofy splined ends instead of a typical hex drive.
  3. '94 Ranger 4.0 OHV crankshaft damper pulley TTY bolt install?

I am rebuilding a 4.0 OHV out of a '94 Ranger to swap into a Bronco II. Trying to install the balancer/damper on the crank and it does not want to fully seat. I initially installed the timing cover, lightly seated the bolts, and installed the dampener to center the seal, then tightened the...
  4. Bronco II auto to manual swap, M5R1/M5OD clutch cylinders?

Swapping an '88 Bronco II with 2.9 A4LD to 4.0 and M5OD/M5R1 out of a '94 Ranger. What clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and line do I need? Is the firewall pre-punched or otherwise marked for where the master should go like full size trucks are? Do I need to make a firewall reinforcement...
  5. 4.0 oil system improvements?

Rebuilding a '94 4.0, my first time into one of these. I got a Melling high volume oil pump. Looking at the pump outlet and the block passage to the oil filter adapter there is a large difference in the size of these ports and the gasket is more square shaped around them. The oil pump has a much...
  6. 4.0 Bronco II headers?

What headers will fit a 4.0 in a Bronco II? Specifically a '94 Ranger 4.0 into an '88 Bronco II, though I don't imagine that makes any difference.
  7. '88 Bronco II 4.0 swap from 94 Ranger

The wife recently picked up an '88 Bronco II which she loves but is underwhelmed by the the 2.9. She wanted a 302, we settled on a 4.0 for ease of install while retaining factory air conditioning. A wrecked '94 Ranger came up for sale locally so we picked up the engine, engine wiring harness...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad