• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. no compression

that is what I am thinking but where do they bleed off at?
  2. no compression

it is NOT an overhead cam engine-it is a two valve pushrod motor
  3. no compression

we took it apart and looked-they only thing I can think of is that the where ever the lifters bleed to is blocked
  4. no compression

there is only one length pushrod available for this engine
  5. no compression

that is true-but where do they bleed off to? something is wrong but no one knows where to go now
  6. no compression

both gears were checked and both are in place-where do the lifters bleed off to?
  7. no compression

h
  8. no compression

why would it start doing it at 140 thousand miles? and the replacement lifters are usa made not chinese-it has every one baffled here and there a quite a few good mechanics-I myself started in a chevy dealership when I was 17 and am 65 now and cannot explain it-the push rod length makes sense...
  9. no compression

we pulled the timing cover and the cam gear and crank gear are in place and in time-he was driving down the road and it died-his uncle told him it had 20 pounds of compression so the heads were pulled and found to be bad-the machine shop said they were cracked also so a BRAND NEW set of head...
  10. no compression

the heads are new factory heads-
  11. no compression

th
  12. no compression

no one knows why it died-the exhaust valve seats being sunk was though to have been the problem but with factory new heads-lifters and oil pump it is doing the same thing
  13. no compression

the heads are not rebuilt - they are factory new-the lifters are identical to the ones that came out of it-nothing is adjustable on this engine
  14. lifters

they are stock push rods and the lifters and heads are both new-he is mad enough to grind the valve stems off but I told him he better try to figure out the problem before resorting to such drastic measures
  15. lifters

Your help is really appreciated - the poor kid has spent 2000 dollars on parts now and it still won't run-his grand father has done the work for free but has about 15 hours of labor in it
  16. lifters

it died going down the road and when the timing was checked and found to be correct the compression was checked and it had none and when the rocker shafts were loosened it had compression-so the engine was pulled and they thought the lifters were bad so they replaced all of them and put in a new...
  17. lifters

ohv-
  18. lifters

Does any one here know what would cause the lifters on a 2000 4.0 to pump up enough to hold the valves open? new lifters-new heads-new oil pump-but no compression
  19. no compression

it is an over head valve-the timing is right the heads are NEW not rebuilt-the lifters are NEW-the oil pump is NEW-it started and ran about 15 seconds until oil pressure was reached and then died and has no compression-some how the lifters are pumped up and holding the valves open-no one has...
  20. no compression

okay-here's the deal-My cousin has a 2000 4.0 ranger that quit while driving down the road-a compression test showed it had less than 20 pounds of pressure so the heads were pulled and the exhaust valves were beat down in the head about 1/8 of an inch so the heads were sent to a machine shop and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad