• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. KevinSonOfDad

Need Help with oil leak. (front main seal)

i did try cleaning that area with laquer thinner and putting rtv on it but it didnt seem to help
  2. KevinSonOfDad

im hoping not as removing that would likely damage the gasket i have there and leave the rubber tabs stuck next to the rear main cap
  3. KevinSonOfDad

i was meaning if when i put the timing cover on i didnt center it properly. (I dont remember if it has dowels). i also polished the harmonic balancer before installing it so that shouldnt be the issue. ill see if i can get the balancer pulled off in the next week or so and take a look. it could...
  4. KevinSonOfDad

Hello folks! Its been a while since I've posted here (no problems with the truck since the clutch knock on wood). However I recently built a new motor for it last august (high compression, valves, springs the whole deal) however ever since I installed it I've had a small leak coming from what...
  5. KevinSonOfDad

600hp 2JZ Swap: Discuss

its not as much that as it is that i need SO many parts. the engine i bought came with no wiring no sensors no oil pump no alternater etc. i need so many parts and i also realized that even tho it would be rad im only 19 and saving money is more important right now.
  6. KevinSonOfDad

Ok gents.... Been a crazy few months but unfortunately its time to move on. Im selling my 2jz shortblock (dm if interested) and moving onto smaller projects around the house and mainly getting my current daily ranger finshed restored. Im only 19 and the parts for this engine are just too pricey...
  7. KevinSonOfDad

Doing a new clutch need recommendations on brand

it also has a new master already. it was bled in the past and then replaced with a prefilled master. I have a new line but i dont want to put that on and contaminate it with fluid from the slave if neccesary. important note is my clutch feels perfect when its cold but after 15 to 30 minutes of...
  8. KevinSonOfDad

Doing a new clutch need recommendations on brand

Hey all! unfortunately im back with more clutch and transmission problems. looking to fix them for good this time. First of all my clutch worked fine when cold but when hot it wouldnt disengage all the way. (looking over the forums sounds like thats a slave cylinder failure even tho i did that...
  9. KevinSonOfDad

ok so some unfortunate news. my daily driver just had the clutch slave go out. 2j project is out while i source another daily and get my current ranger back up and running. i still plan to do the 2jz ranger swap but life has other plans for the next month or 2. i will keep the thread updated
  10. KevinSonOfDad

Keep in mind i will also be relocating the battery and i am doing a electric ps rack so i will have plenty of real estate
  11. KevinSonOfDad

It will be no where near that wide as well. Aftermarket intake is less wide and the turbo will be higher where the engine bay is wide.
  12. KevinSonOfDad

It will be a full custom swap with making my own firewall and trans tunnel. Im going to MAKE it fit lol.
  13. KevinSonOfDad

Lmao same. I will put bigger tires on it but traction will always be the weak point
  14. KevinSonOfDad

Thats what other people seem to forget... 600hp in a 2500lb truck im.probably going to lose traction before i shred gears lmao
  15. KevinSonOfDad

#bringbackboss
  16. KevinSonOfDad

Any details on what entails "built" i plan to do a 9 inch in the long run since i want this motor to make 1000 at least once for internet clout lmao (cant have a supra motor make less than 1k these days) but i want to run the 8.8 for as long as i can and build it for as cheap as i can prior. I...
  17. KevinSonOfDad

Feel free to ask any questions or ask for any photos!
  18. KevinSonOfDad

This is a head with basically identical parts to what i am using that made around 1600hp also my new pistons and rods just for sake of showing off shiny new parts
  19. KevinSonOfDad

Im begining a 2jz swap into a ranger. Ive seen one other person do this here but its super old and none of the photos are accessible now. I plan to document this very detailed and keep it updated here. I would love to answer any questions and i am open to any advice DETAILS: 2JZ: (currently in...
  20. KevinSonOfDad

For Sale Misc parts from my old 4.0 OHV engine. Located in utah.

i have the entire long block from my old engine build. engine is pretty worn out but i can freshen things up in the machine shop for anyone interested. just send a message below with something your interested in and an offer. i am pretty flexible

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad