• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Billy Cranston

⬇ Hoonin' Videos Go Here ⬇

@Milkman5687 It's a T2 Torsen, they're only $420 shipped right now! It was approval, he came out and said 'nice' before he waved :D We kinda go tit for tat painting the asphalt with our wheels; He's got a clutch type LSD in his F150 dicknose Jellybean and can't lay nearly as good a set of tire...
  2. Billy Cranston

@racsan I'm jealous you get to slide around in the snow! I have to wait till it rains (in so-cal!) to drift around.
  3. Billy Cranston

DAAANG! Does that Gadsden flag say 'No Tread on Me'?
  4. Billy Cranston

A couple users were goading each other into recording burnouts the other day; wellll, I've just passed the break in period for my new rear diff so I just had to test it out. I'm not ready to stand on the brakes for a legit burnout but I chirped the tires a bit on Christmas eve. Figured you all...
  5. Billy Cranston

Out of state buy, value & what to look out for.

my experience buying a ranger sight unseen 1500 miles away was illuminating. Dude said his mechanic looked it over and claimed there were no problems that would prevent me from making the drive. When I got there he had lied about the state of it and omitted other failings. It had a failed hub...
  6. Billy Cranston

Has anyone replaced the timing chain tensioners?

damn y'all are throwing down the gauntlet!! If only I saw this before I blew up my rear diff, you can burn rubber even on the N/A 4L. Gotta to baby it for a while (at least until the 500 mile break-in mark :icon_thumby:)
  7. Billy Cranston

My Rear Diff Went 🤢🧨💥🤮💔 - And How To Proceed?

The Torsen assembly blew up! cast pieces and helical gears were everywhere when I opened it up. an axle swap will for sure save me a bunch of money. Unfortunately I can't find a local axle that would accept the torsen through car-part... I want to keep it original so I'm going to spend 5x more...
  8. Billy Cranston

update: My axles are torn up at the ends, my ring and pinion too. My tone ring looks alright but I'm going to have to change the whole thing anyway, might as well get that :c-n: I'm going to have to assess whether to let a pro do it once I finish my parts buying spree..
  9. Billy Cranston

I was happily going down the Freeway when my bad choices caught up to me. Then pow, I hear a loud grinding coming from under my truck so I pulled into the emergency lane. My truck wouldn't move or roll in neutral even. So I called AAA and they got me to my shop but since it wouldn't move I let...
  10. Billy Cranston

SOLD! Supercharged SOHC 4L modbox $700

If I threw this in a ranger would it be CA smog compliant? Is the supercharger CARB compliant? It's probably a good thing California is so long.. This is tempting!
  11. Billy Cranston

Billy's Resto' Log

Oh and I removed those crusty ass running boards. Broke damn near every bolt as I wrenched them and it sounded like a damn rain stick if I upended them (it was rust in the tubes)
  12. Billy Cranston

Billy's Resto' Log

I Haven't done too much since my last update. I was changing my driver side valve cover gasket so I could inspect the timing chain cassette and of course it was FUBAR. So, I'd been saving and then waiting as my mechanic did the R&R. I thought it was prudent considering the scope of the job.. It...
  13. Billy Cranston

$#@&! rear timing cassette busted, what's my best course of action?

Sounds like a few weekends with the brews, I mean boys, is ahead for you! It's not too expensive for the DIYer.. yeaaahh.. 4L SOHC's design is pretty unanimously hated I think. The moment I told the tech I had a ranger with a bad rear cassette guide he chuckled and said "ah it's a 4.0 v6 isn't...
  14. Billy Cranston

Update: Independent shop wants $2300 in labor (16 hrs) to replace all timing chain assemblies. Parts appear to be about $500 from Ford. I can't wait to argue about the flat tire I get after they button her up 😈 P.S. For posterity; My original 'diagnosis' was incorrect. The half of the cassette...
  15. Billy Cranston

Thank you for the clarification & information Ron. I tried calling Ford service departments around me but they won't touch it with a 10 foot (~3 meter) pole 🙄. The engine itself is strong but she leaky, I can understand why they wouldn't want to bother with the head ache. Now that my emotions...
  16. Billy Cranston

that orange plastic is a guide that's part of the timing assembly. It's supposed to be attached to that bolt that is being ground down by the timing chain. Once the bolt goes my timing chain will rattle like crazy (and damage my engine?). it's supposed to look like picture 2.
  17. Billy Cranston

So I was changing my passenger valve cover gasket and discovered my rear timing cassette (tension side?) Is wholly busted. I was having some rap at startup but that's it! I changed the secondary timing chain tensioner on Friday and it was still only rapping at startup (only sometimes even)...
  18. Billy Cranston

06' 4.0 Sohc Remanufactured engine swap

Are you comfortable saying how not cheap it was? I'm at 200k & my rear timing chain is starting to rap so I gotta weigh my options (new timing chains vs new engine..)
  19. Billy Cranston

TRS Word Association Game

Sickle
  20. Billy Cranston

Billy's Resto' Log

There's a set on FB MRKT place right now for less than $300 but the center caps are in rough shape and one's missing. They're in Central Utah, I have them tabbed if you want the link. There's also a few individual ones for sale on Ebay, search terms 'Ford Alcoa 15 inch'. All have some damage to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad