• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

Every time I see this thread at the top, I feel like that bed rack would be great for my paddleboards, and then forget to ask where you got it. Or did you build it yourself out of tube?
  2. Installing A equus Tachometer

He hadn't said it yet. If you want the odo to be "right", you keep the original speedo segment and in your case fix the worm gear, and maybe roll it forward to where it's supposed to be. Depending on how long it's been broken, it'll probably be closer than the replacement cluster.
  3. Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

I'm using grimjeeper and autopopulating values for the 5r55e. Since we're talking about cruise, we're only really concerned with 1:1 and OD anyway. I'd count driveshaft vs. tire revolutions to confirm real quick. 4.10 might be overgeared for a highway-focused, non-towing 3.0 with small tires...
  4. Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

Am I missing something? With 205/70R16 on 4.10 at 140kph (87mph), you'd only be turning ~4400rpm even in 4th. Cruising in OD, you'd be at 3300.
  5. Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

You can't freely trade power for MPG (or vice versa) all up and down the scale of all possible gear ratios. If you burn 5% less gas at cruise, but have to spend 2x as long on the gas every time you accelerate, maybe MPG evens out in mixed driving. You've said you're highway-dominant, but...
  6. Lunchbox locker clearance

I had a long convo with Aussie about TTB applications that seems like it must have been a phone call, because I can't find it in my e-mails. Point is, they told me to run it with whatever I ended up with. I'll see if I can find my papers when I get home where I wrote the actual final clearance...
  7. Lunchbox locker clearance

Are the Lokka specs that much different than the Aussie's? I'm running an Aussie with their "thin" washers. I can't find the actual installation instructions with the clearance specs online, just the "supplements". But, in my e-mail to Aussie, I said I only had .130 with stock washers. If...
  8. Sulastic rubber shackles to improve harsh ride.

At $350 in 2012 to $460 today, they're beating inflation, so how could you not buy them? If these things' functional difference from revolver shackles is they can't flip, it looks like G-shackles are revolver shackles but with one arm shorter. Back in Jeep-land, aside from the fact that...
  9. Another Gauge Cluster Question

Does the second Explorer cluster tach read wrong in the same way? Or did you not try it?
  10. Looking to buy a Bronco II....

I'd be more on-board with a rust-and-structural-soundness safety inspection, like folks in the UK talk about their "MOT". We check lights, wipers, horn, brakes, no window tint, and maybe tires. Control arm bracket falling off the frame is not covered.
  11. (Another) Manual Transfer Case Swap: 2003 FX4 L2 >> 2007 FX4 L2

Off the top of my head, the computer needs to know it's in 4-Low to correct the electronic speedometer and auto trans shift points. Per vaguely related googling, 4-Low may also disable cruise and ABS. Of those things, the speedo and cruise are arguably irrelevant, and you've got a manual, which...
  12. (Another) Manual Transfer Case Swap: 2003 FX4 L2 >> 2007 FX4 L2

A manual case doesn't have the rotary shift shaft that attaches to the motor, so you'd be building an interface from scratch. This feels like a stupid question, but only '10-'11 had traction control, right? Do the computers actually do anything different in 4x4 except shift the case? What...
  13. Looking to buy a Bronco II....

A safety inspection is the rare one, and the one I'd get rid of if I could. Mostly just makes people with oversized tires keep their stockers taking up space in the garage to swap on for an afternoon every few years. They have emissions anywhere that had killer smog 50 years ago, which is a...
  14. Looking to buy a Bronco II....

Sounds more like independent shops being crooks because, like he said, they can get away with it. PA and MD have the same problem, where some garages will hold the inspection sticker hostage until you buy something. We get inspected at the actual gov't office, and the tech you get can be more...
  15. Another Gauge Cluster Question

I'm pretty sure one of my clusters is from an Explorer (got it on ebay, has an anti-theft light) and it worked fine. Assuming this is correct, the tach is wired the same as what Ron posted.
  16. Oil & Filter transmission

Right, that's why I suggested ATF6 might be fine, and explained why: I'm guessing it's more likely something with DexIII/T-IV/3309 certification just didn't explicitly test for Mercon certification, than that it actually has some unique, critical difference in its additive package. If...
  17. Oil & Filter transmission

Absolutely. What will work, for sure, is Mercon / Mercon V. Any speculation about whether ATF6, XT-8-QAW, or whatever else might work is only relevant if you're in a pinch. If the most important consideration is peace of mind, spend what it costs to order the right thing.
  18. 2.3L ('02-'11) Alternators - Mazda 2300 vs Ranger

Ditto on taking 3-4 tries to come up with a quiet alternator. All new, not sure how many were poor QA and how many were damaged from being shipped with zero packaging. Also tried to rebuild an old Ford unit at one point, but the corroded housing didn't survive. After the second noisy Bosch...
  19. Oil & Filter transmission

This is interesting. Aisin ATF 6+ FE is Mercon LV, so you definitely don't want that. If the Aisin ATFs are what's most available to you, I wonder whether their regular ATF6 might be okay. I'd wait for someone with more of an engineering background to chime in, but I feel like this might be one...
  20. Wish we could get this here...

I didn't do a great job expressing what I meant, which is that if a strong preference for regular cabs correlates with high price sensitivity/elasticity, that preference won't have much influence on the market. I agree with snoranger: the market doesn't care how you feel; it cares what you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad