• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Valve Seat Width Help

Rebuilding a stock 1985 2.3l. Intake valve seats have barely any pitting, the width is within spec and will clean up with some lapping. The exhaust valve seats are another story: pitted, average 0.010" over spec, and worst get as wide as 1.115". Two of them have obvious variation in seat width...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Maximum compression with stock camshaft

1986 Ford 2.3l. I'm having my cylinder head milled at a machine shop, but haven't selected a camshaft yet. I have a NIB stock camshaft I am going to run temporarily, but was wondering what the maximum compression is I can run on it with 93 octane without knocking/detonation. I was going to have...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) D-Port Head and Round Port Intake Port Match

I have found lots of discussion about matching an oval port head to an intake with d-ports, but not the reverse. What are my options for port matching a 1bbl (which will get a 2bbl carb and adapter plate) round port intake to a D-port head? There isn't quite enough material on each port to...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) ID on hole on front face of shortblock

1985ish (maybe 1986 or 1987, service block not original to vehicle) 2.3l Short Block. Green dots where the thrust plate bolts go, and blue dots where the auxiliary shaft cover bolts go. What is the hole circled in red? It is not threaded. It goes straight to the area with the auxiliary shaft is...
  5. Camshaft Question

Hi all- 306 Roller Block, GT40P Heads with Mild Port. FMX Transmission. Stock stall. Going into 1985 2wd Ranger. 25" diameter tires. 3.55 rear. I had been planning to go with a stock Mustang HO camshaft and keep the stock stall. Before I pull the trigger on the purchase, would the E303, B303, or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad