• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) Flexplate and Starter alignment

Update:. I got a new flexplate and installed it it has perfect clearance with the starter. Obviously the old flex plate was bent. All is good reinstall transmission tomorrow. Thank all of you for your words of wisdom and your help.
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) Flexplate and Starter alignment

The starter is new and correct in the retracted position, it meshes with the flexplate about 1/8 inch. I was looking to find out about a flexplate spacer, I contacted my local Ford dealer with the VIN number, and found that there is no spacer on the 2.3l engine. I then asked about the flexplate...
  3. 2.3L ('02-'11) Flexplate and Starter alignment

I know the 4.0 has one, but this truck is a 2.3l duratec
  4. Exhaust System Replacement

Walker/Magnaflow/AP Exhaust, they all make good cats, I would suggest the best fit (OEM) option rather than the universal. If you don't want noise but like flow, checkout Flowmaster Exhaust, they have a wide range of mufflers from the quiet to the noisy. I run a Deltaflow 50 on my f150, not too...
  5. Whats best for Brakes...?

I see you have decided to repair or replace calipers, in this situation I always go replace, its worth the money not to take apart a caliper and then reassemble it. If you have not already done so, I would replace the rotors and pads and hoses as well, nothing stops like a new brake system.
  6. Mystery Engine Block Sensor

Knock Sensor
  7. 2.3L ('02-'11) Flexplate and Starter alignment

I am working on a 2008 2wd Ranger, It came to me with a new engine installed (unfortunately not correctly). I am looking for information concerning the flex plate, is there a spacer behind it? the starter is in constant contact with the flex plate. I don't know if the flex plate is bent, and I...
  8. 1999 Ford ranger 4.0 throwing p0171 and 074 codes

Yes an exhaust leak can also cause these codes
  9. 2.3L ('02-'11) Transmission removal difficulty level for a 2011 vs an old 1990???

I have done a 1990 and a 2008 they are about the same to me, both 2.3l. The auto bolts are more in numbers and the torque converter bolts are harder to access try going through the splash guard in the drivers fenderwell it how to remove the starter. Good luck!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad