• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help!! 88 ranger 2.3L

Thanks for the reply! Fuel pressure is 38 psi at idle. Regulator was replaced. Vac hose is dry Unplugged the map. Slight change. Put a hand vac pump on the map & pulled 18in - no difference Engine has fresh .040 rings O2 was replaced. Cat is now a test pipe:secret: Plugs are black/soot...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help!! 88 ranger 2.3L

OK Guys, I still have this thing.. Still runs "pig rich" (not sure where that phrase came from) and poor idle/ lots of black smoke Have gone through the engine a second time, new rings, etc.. New lifters and rockers too. All sensors have been changed. Don't know if #2 intake runner is...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help!! 88 ranger 2.3L

Ok, for the latest. I have replaced the Map sensor and TPS sensors. Still over fueling, barely idles and sometimes dies. Borrowed a scanner and checked. koeo- Have a code 31 and 67. koer- have bank 1 rich(no kidding) TPS out of range. I'm about to set this thing on fire here.. Any...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Help!! 88 ranger 2.3L

Hi Guys, New here. Have a friends 88 ranger that has a fresh engine, .040 over bore, new exhaust valves and seats. Newish IAC and EGR. Has New injectors. New fuel pressure regulator and filter. The engine is dumping fuel into the intake. Runs but poorly, and fills the #2 intake runner with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad