• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. superj

Seat covers for the 2019-2023 Ford Ranger

my son works at a local dealership and he had to prep a new ranger someone traded in recently. it had leather seat covers on it and he brought them home. i wonder what happened to them. since you are just up the road (ha ha ha, 8 hours up the road), it would probably be easy to send them your...
  2. superj

3.0L timing chain cover/coolant leak

2wd makes it harder? i am going to follow along as my 3.0 is 2wd and has 217k. i don't have the issue but i am interested in reading what happens
  3. superj

Manual Mazda Transmission fluid and leak question

man i hate the smell of gear oil. it got on my watch when i did my diff stuff day before yesterday and now my watch smells terrible. i tried putting it in dawn and water but it didn't get it completely out. now i am going to do an alcohol bath on my watch. hopefully you don't have gear oil.
  4. superj

Hello from New Mexico

nice!! welcome to the group. post some pictures, please
  5. superj

The ultimate Tea thread?

i like black (or actually red) tea. i really do not like the taste of green tea though its supposed to be more healthy. i drink one big 32oz sweet tea each morning. if i have it after 2pm, i cannot sleep at night because the sugar keeps me up. i don't mind drinking unsweet tea but lately...
  6. superj

My engine has gremlins (read below)

i guess its a heated wire maf? not a swinging barn door style? google brings nothing on what readings you need?
  7. superj

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

old school heating and cooling controls.
  8. superj

89 2.9l V6 with ambiguous parking brake issue

thats super common to have a lip form there. usually new drums are the least expensive part of doing the rear brakes so i replace them if they have a lip. back in the cay, you could take drums and rotors and have them turned for very little money and that removed lips and made them back to...
  9. superj

Automatic Braking Mandated by Fed, 2029 deadline

i wouldn't want to ride public transit here. i just ride my bike if i don't want to take a car
  10. superj

Street Widebody

Cool
  11. superj

Just a little more power needed

For sure a 4.10 I have it and its awesome (though i do have the 3.0 high output. :) )
  12. superj

Automatic Braking Mandated by Fed, 2029 deadline

(Checks off keep ranger till i die box) So glad for my ranger
  13. superj

High Mileage Ranger Owners

I have 217k but its on the 3.0 I think you are safe and i would just drive and maintain. Someone should comment on the timing limits though. You have the newer 4.0 right? The one that the tensioners or something need to be done at each 100k mark, or something?
  14. superj

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Dang, thats a bummer. Like me and the fluid level on the diff.
  15. superj

Ford motorsport finned aluminum diff cover clone

Turns out this one requires using the factory fill hole to get proper level, also. I pulled the factory fill plug and about a quart came out. At least i no longer have that in the back of my mind. And the weeping leak is fixed. No drips all night or after driving to the island and back this...
  16. superj

4.0L High Output ??

Had to, my wife's was a 95 so googly is off on her dates
  17. superj

having some trouble

But, check whatnshran said too, as it can be that too
  18. superj

having some trouble

Its a common trait of the transmission. You can read the same thing all over all the forums. My 04 does it also. Just shift it to second and back. I have 217000 on mine
  19. superj

4.0L High Output ??

And i was wrong. 91-94 is what google said. To differentiate between the renix and chrysler engines

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad