• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rusted wiper cowl panel - repair suggestion

Please do - it’s a similar situation only you have better access and you probably want to spend the money to have a sheet piece welded in - I had to pause a bit to take the gf on vacation but I’ll press on this weekend. If you want to fix it on the cheap there are some thin stainless sheets on...
  2. Rusted wiper cowl panel - repair suggestion

It’s been a nightmare - I will prevail
  3. Rusted wiper cowl panel - repair suggestion

I’m not giving up on this - I have some thin stainless steel and I’m gonna treat the leftover sheeyt metal with por-15 - I’ll probably need to pull the sheet steen down with ss screws - I haven’t selected a sealer yet - I basically have lost all the cowl sheet metal
  4. Rusted wiper cowl panel - repair suggestion

Ideas ? I think I’m going with breaking the spot welds on the stiffener and sliding a thin piece of stainless steel in with seam sealer
  5. Cowl Cleanout

thx for some feedback - at least I think I’m going in the right direction - I’m going to use something I’ve never used POS 15 to stop the corrosion after cleaning up and I found a piece of 6x12 stainless that only .018 thick - I think I’m gonna need to remove the brake pedal also to access /...
  6. Cowl Cleanout

I know this is not a help section but I’m afraid I won’t get much traction in the explorer section - ideas are appreciated I apparently had water caught in the wiper cowl and covered it up with silicone 5 years - it has become a rust through situation - the surface is below a stiffener and...
  7. Rusted wiper cowl panel - repair suggestion

I apparently had water caught in the wiper cowl and covered it up with silicone 5 years - it has become a rust through situation - the surface is below a stiffener and difficult to work with. There are 2 spot welds where the corrosion was worst - I don’t have a welder and the shape is tough -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad