• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Convert fuel pump over to electric from mechanical

Lift pumps were for EFI, I think I read they're not really robust enough as a stand alone carb pump.
  2. Convert fuel pump over to electric from mechanical

I figured the Holley "race" pumps were all way too much pump for a 2.3. I do agree about the regulator. I believe in Aeromotive. I thought Carter made some smaller pumps.
  3. Convert fuel pump over to electric from mechanical

Super J, what pump did you use ?
  4. Convert fuel pump over to electric from mechanical

Hello All, My 1988 is a hybrid deal, it's a 2.3l with a Weber 32/36 and a mechanical fuel pump. I'm considering converting to an electric fuel pump. Wondering what folks have used for electric pumps for a carb, which is low pressure, something like 4~~6 psi. If it's outside the fuel tank I would...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Mechanical fuel pump problem ?

Hello Ron, Thanks for the reply, I can't move it one way or the other. It just feels like something is jammed or maybe it sucked in some debris. That seems a bit unlikely and if you shake the pump or bang on it, there is no rattling noise. I guess I'll get a new pump and compare the two.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Mechanical fuel pump problem ?

1988 Ranger, 2.3 l transplant. Mechanical fuel pump and aftermarket Weber carb. The pump looks new but it's not pumping, possibly not priming. Gas in the tank, and fuel does siphon through the line up to the pump connection. I took the pump off. The pump lever arm where the cam rubs it only...
  7. 2.3 liter 5-speed gas mileage

Thanks a bunch guys ! Gears are 3.73, I'm at about 2000 RPM at 50 and 3000 RPM at 75, in 5th (OD). It does have plenty of pull in 1st and 2nd, but takes forever to go from 50 to 75. Because of that I don't think I'd want to go with less gear. I'd really like to be able to measure A/F ratio with...
  8. 2.3 liter 5-speed gas mileage

Hello All, Thought I would ask about what kind of gas mileage you all are getting. I have a 1988 Plain Jane standard cab shortbed. 2WD, 5-spd, 2.3l, no power anything. Originally a 2.0l with the electronic carb, but a previous owner put in a 2.3 with a Weber carb. I just measured mileage at...
  9. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

How do you do a PM on here ?
  10. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

Bronco, I put my address right above. You are a true Gentleman ! Let me have your address and I'll send you some money as soon as you have a shipping total. Thanks very much ! Jeff
  11. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

Lil Bronco, that would be great, Jeff
  12. 1988 shortbed with 275-40x17 tires in rear

I have a set of the older Mustang SVE Cobra R wheels, two 17x9, two 16x8, tires are 275-40x17 and 245-45x16. I tried the 17's on the rear and they fit pretty good, I was surprised. Have not tried the 16's on the front yet but I think there will be no problem. They are all a tad short in the...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Distributor holddown bolt - Wrench ?

Is there a snazzy trick wrench to get in there and loosen that bolt ? (2.3) Or just a lot of swearing ?
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Weber 32/36 DFEV starting point tune for 2.3l

I can't find a lot of info on the initial setup for this carb on a 2.3. I have 137/140 main jets, (Primary / Secondary) 60/50 idle jets F66/F50 emulsion tubes 160/165 air correctors Anybody here play with a DFEV ?
  15. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

Bump, Anybody have one ?
  16. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

Appreciate the info, 85Ranger !
  17. Wanted I need the jack cranking handle

1988 if that matters, it's stowed by the radiator.
  18. New 1988 for me

Eric, I was talking about manuals I ordered on Ebay. Yes yours are the real deal.
  19. New 1988 for me

Thanks everybody for the info. I received my repro factory manuals today. In the front it shows C code for engine = 2.0 liter, not 2.5l. That makes more sense to me because this is pretty much a base model. I can't remember where I saw the info on the 2.5l. Imagine that, a mistake on the internet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad