• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. V8 Conversion Headers

Final word on best exhaust headers to run? The Patriot Tri Ys or the Hedman 88400? Have an ‘86 Bronco 2 4x4 with a 2” body lift. Putting a 351w in it, C4 transmission with a 164 flexplate bell housing. James Duff motor mounts. Haven’t set motor in it yet and thought it would be a good idea to...
  2. Frame rail pump delete

In case any were curious of the answer to my problem, that year/series was bad about getting rust build up in the frame rail, it was made of steel. Gets correct PSI to valve to check psi but the fuel doesn’t get past/to the injectors. More than I want to spend on a frame rail so time to pull the...
  3. 1980’s Ford Ranger frame serial number location

Have the lower left of window VIN. Replaced the door due to damage. Bought the vehicle with a bill of sale and trying to get registered in my name and for that I need two forms of VIN. The front window/dash VIN and one more.
  4. 1980’s Ford Ranger frame serial number location

Did you find the vin on the frame? I also have an '86 Bronco 2 that I am trying to get registered.
  5. VIN # Locations

Where is the frame vin on an ‘86 Bronco 2
  6. Frame rail pump delete

Makes sense. Tried shooting brake cleaner into the throttle housing and got same results… just cranks and cranks. Think I am done with the ole 2.9. Thanks for all y’alls help!!!
  7. Frame rail pump delete

At the Schroder valve? Has 40 psi. Is that what you were questioning?
  8. Frame rail pump delete

Not sure. All signs/tests show it should fire right up. Hoping someone has insight into what might be the problem. Guess I could/should check compression and see if the injectors are injecting. My low mechanical know how has me hoping someone has had this experience and knows the relay or...
  9. Frame rail pump delete

Guess I am chasing wires. Any advice or wisdom from the collective super brain trust on here?
  10. Rick's 5.0/C6 swap 1985 BII

Great thread. You obviously have a lot more know how and experience in fabrication than I have or can lean on others for. Thanks for info on the radiator you selected. That was one of the many things I was thinking about. What kind of headers did you use? My swap will be a 5.8 to a C4 to a...
  11. Frame rail pump delete

Yeah, I checked the spark plug wires with a spark plug tester and it goes on and off intermittently, like I’d expect it to.
  12. Frame rail pump delete

Wish it were that easy. Sadly, pulled a couple plugs and they were bone dry. Time to start looking for a loose wire. Or maybe the injectors are clogged. Always something with a project.
  13. Frame rail pump delete

Getting 40 psi at the Schrader valve and gettting spark to the spark plug lines/cables. It will turn over, like before and try to start but not starting. Tried starting for 5-10 minutes. Injectors?
  14. Frame rail pump delete

Thanks! Guess I need to take it off and connect the two lines. Truck must have figured out it is a project truck and decided to throw all the gremlins at me. Got the pump installed and the fuel tank at the back of the truck, ready to test it before final install. Go to crank it and all power...
  15. Frame rail pump delete

What is this? Has fuel leaking out. Pump is working but won’t start. This is before where the frame pump would have been which is now replaced with the fuel filter.
  16. Frame rail pump delete

Y’all are awesome!!! Thank you so much! Got the new pump/sender assembly and switched out new sender for old assembly. Installing everything tomorrow morning, hopefully, and hopefully one step to marking off another completed project in a project laden project!
  17. Frame rail pump delete

Do I need to wire the wires together that are no longer “connected” by way of the frame rail fuel pump. Seems obvious to me that you DO need to but wasn’t sure if there was power going to frame pump separate from the power going to the in tank fuel pump.
  18. Frame rail pump delete

Thanks again for the helpful insights!
  19. Frame rail pump delete

Thank y’all for the clarification. I plan to get an ‘89 pump/sender assembly to put in my ‘86 tank and then switch the sender assembly from ‘86 onto my ‘89 pump/sender assembly.
  20. Frame rail pump delete

So I could get an ‘89 fuel pump/sender and replace the sender from new with the old one and it should be good? I was not understanding “sender“ being the sender in the tank sending the reading to the actual fuel gauge on the dash. The more you know.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad