• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. I want to assemble new intermediate steering shaft.

The diagram in my Chilton manual calls the shaft in the engine bay 'lower' I didn't want to confuse anyone. One more repair done. Next one!
  2. I want to assemble new intermediate steering shaft.

I used the wrong terminology again. This is the lower steering shaft I replaced in the engine bay.
  3. I want to assemble new intermediate steering shaft.

I finally finished and installed this new intermediate steering shaft. I ended up using 3 dog point set screws and 2 regular sets screws all anchored with jam nuts. Here is the picture. It works great. I'm glad to be done with that rag disc setup for good. Thanks again for the advice.
  4. Stabilizer bar bushing bolt dimensions?

Cool. Please do.
  5. Stabilizer bar bushing bolt dimensions?

Hi, 1992 Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 and 4WD. I'm going to replace my rear stabilizer bar bushings soon. Does anyone know the thread size, length and diameter for both the frame mount and link-to-link bolts? I did some research but was not able to make a positive determination on the bolt dimensions.
  6. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

UPDATE: I must have done about 25 test runs in the last 10 days. I also did a test drive (below) with the shop owner and I agree with him that 4th gear IS kicking in every time. However....... The shop owner took the truck for another test drive Thursday. I complained the shifting is sometimes...
  7. Need to fix driveline clunk

I picked up my truck from the transmission shop last week. The worsening 'thump' or 'clunk' is gone. I assume it was a defect with their transmission rebuild. Or maybe it was a simple 'repair of opportunity' for something else they found along the drive line. I don't think I should pull the...
  8. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

Also 4th gear still doesn't work. I can feel 4th gear try to engage. But it leads nowhere. Nothing happens. The RPM's don't go down and it stays in 3rd gear. Is this the PCM sending a signal the transmission is not responding to? And won't that very weak shifting shorten the life of the...
  9. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

Yeah. Every time I take it back to them, I never know what to expect when I pick it up. On more than one occasion, they tried to let me drive when it has an obvious defect. I catch them every time. This last time, I was getting ready to leave their lot and the gear shift selector was all...
  10. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

This is a nightmare. I picked up the truck Saturday. It still doesn't run right. The 2nd and 3rd gear shifting is sometimes weak or barely noticeable. Sometimes with a slight 'slide' also. And they say they rebuilt it and added a shift kit also. I guess I'll have to submit a consumer...
  11. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

The transmission guy called me today. They've had my truck since 11/27. He says they have been unable to isolate the latest issue. He says it has to be internal. They are going to tear it down and build it again.
  12. Is it ok to buy cheap leaf springs?

Especially if you have no assistant.
  13. New rear axle requires different drum brake hardware

Yeah. That 8.8 rear axle retrofit complicated things with the drum brakes. You know the wheel cylinder push rods (also called links)? They don't make those anymore for my model year. So I had to buy the ones made for Jeep. And it worked. I did some reading about that Ranger rear disc brake...
  14. New rear axle requires different drum brake hardware

I was able to mix and match a few pieces from different model years to make it work. Done. Thanks.
  15. Brake drum stuck

Hey Guys, I just compressed the tabs on the fitting a little and it seated into the backing plate hole. That's all I needed to do. I was able to get this done earlier this year while I was doing some drum brake work.
  16. What is this little clip on bulb socket? I lost it

Sorry. I didn't see this last reply from earlier this year. It was an aftermarket connector. But I improvised a fix and it's all done.
  17. Is it ok to buy cheap leaf springs?

I forgot to follow up with you guys. I installed the bargain brand leaf springs from Auto Zone last year. (Made in Indonesia) Man, that was a tough job to do by myself. The springs are fine. Thank you.
  18. I want to assemble new intermediate steering shaft.

I'm having difficulty finding the correct U-Joint for the steering gear input shaft. Still working on a solution.
  19. How does parking brake linkage work?

Just to confirm. This repair is complete. Thanks again!
  20. Need to check condition of motor mounts.

Still waiting to check the slip yoke since my truck is being fixed at the transmission place for the 4th time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad