• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cschannuth

Are the front and rear hub diameters the same??

Spacers no different than using a deeper dish wheel. The geometry is the same. Either would be a little harder on your truck but I’ve used them for decades with no ill affect.
  2. cschannuth

Gas mileage?

Larger tires will reduce mpgs.
  3. cschannuth

Super close gears on larger trucks?

Many trucks have eight or 10 speed transmission nowadays so twice the gears equals half the RPM change compared to a four speed.
  4. cschannuth

Does a car’s year legally mean year

It’s a model year.
  5. cschannuth

Ranger/Maverick Comparison

I thought this was interesting. One is basically a car and the other is a truck but these guys understood that doing the comparison. Pricing is in Canadian dollars.
  6. cschannuth

Help me choose a practical tire size

Heavier tires hurt your performance almost as much as larger diameter. If you can stay away from an LT and get something aggressive and lighter with good quality that’s what I would do.
  7. cschannuth

Synthetic Oil or Not for Low Use Vehicles

As long as those fire trucks are always brought up to full temperature whenever they get started, anything you use and change annually will be more than fine. Trouble can start with any vehicle if you start it up and turn it off immediately to move it out of the garage or the fire house as an...
  8. cschannuth

Long Time Lurker and Ecoboost Build

My wife has the 2.3 eco-boost in her very heavy Explorer and I have been very impressed by the power, responsiveness, and fuel mileage. My neighbor test drove one of the new Rangers and he didn’t like it because the throttle was so touchy. I laughed at him and told him it was because he was used...
  9. cschannuth

New Truck Thoughts

Now is a great time to sell vehicles but it is a terrible time to buy them because the prices are through the roof. I would say though that if you end up getting an F150 and you do any towing at all you should get one of the two Ecoboost engines because they will out pull any V-8 from any...
  10. cschannuth

Easy Fill fuel cap

We have them on several vehicles and have never had an issue with any of them.
  11. cschannuth

Photos of different wheel/tire sizes on stock and lowered 2WD's

David’s Rally Wheels on line.
  12. cschannuth

Steel vs Aluminum Wheels

Unsprung weight of tires and wheels make a difference as well but your weight probably didn’t change much. As said above the extreme change in tire diameter is killing your performance.
  13. cschannuth

Restoring coolant reservoir?

I guess I need a butt kicking because my ‘94 F-250 still has the original coolant in it. The overflow tank is a little cloudy. The truck only has 95k miles on it but it sounds like time is the factor, not mileage. What is the proper procedure for a full flush and fill?
  14. cschannuth

Ford Moving toward Build-to-Order, Away from Packed Dealer Lots

When I buy new I always order them exactly how I want them. I pay $100 over dealer invoice minus all the incentives available. It usually comes out to about 20-25% off sticker depending on the vehicle. If your dealer won’t do that, find a different dealer. Wait until June and you’ll get all the...
  15. cschannuth

Uh Oh.....MPG controversy....

Fuel mileage is all about driving conditions and how you drive the vehicle. I have a 2019 F-150 with the 2.7 eco-boost and it will run in the high 20s on flat 2 Lane Highway‘s at 60 mph all day long. It will also get 10 miles per gallon if I’m towing a 7000 pound trailer with it. It’s a tiny...
  16. cschannuth

Anybody use security cameras in/on their house?

I have 4 spotlight cams and a Ring doorbell with unlimited recording and don’t pay anything for service? What does the $100/year get you?
  17. cschannuth

Anybody use security cameras in/on their house?

We have ring cameras and they are unbelievably clear and easy to use and you have unlimited recording ability for free. Also, if neighbors have the ring system you can link up and be notified if there’s problems in the area. You can also link many devices to the ring system and get to all of the...
  18. cschannuth

Not worth reading

Tachs were an ala carte option years ago. Most didn’t have the sense to check the box when ordering back in the day.
  19. cschannuth

Right rear taillight has constant power to it. Draining battery. What could be wrong?

There should be no hot wire to that tail light unless the lights are on as long as the original wiring harness is unmolested. The wiring harness usually runs down the drivers side so if there’s a hot wire on the passenger side the wire that feeds it from the drivers side would also be hot...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad