• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Explorer rear axle swap question

Thanks for all the good info. I think this is the route I'll take. I was actually about to pull the trigger on a winch yesterday, but then convinced myself to go the locker route. Guess I'll take a trip back and pick up the winch, and pick up an axle with LSD. 😏
  2. Explorer rear axle swap question

Its a 2wd. Will mainly be doing dirt/gravel and desert trips where it's sandy. Still recommend the LSD? Thanks!!
  3. Explorer rear axle swap question

This is for a 2wd, will do dirt trails and desert trips, not rock crawling. Suggestion? Thanks again
  4. Explorer rear axle swap question

Thank you. Yes, disc brakes is one of the reasons. Reason I was staying away from LSD is because I read that they are not as effective as a locker and that they wear out. Not sure how true that is, don't really know much.
  5. Explorer rear axle swap question

Thank you. Yes, disc brakes is one of the reasons. Reason I was staying away from LSD is because I read that they are not as effective as a locker and that they wear out. Not sure how true that is, don't really know much.
  6. Explorer rear axle swap question

Thanks for the input!!
  7. Explorer rear axle swap question

Been reading on how to do this swap on my Ranger and I think understand everything I need to do, but have one question before I buy donor axle from a junk yard. If I am planning on installing a locker, should I be looking for an open differential, LSD, or does it matter? Im thinking I want to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad