• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Belt whine. Power steering pulley seems hard to turn

Be sure the power steering pulley is absolutely flush with pump shaft. If the pump has been changed and the pulley is not pressed all the way on it will misalign the belt and cause the squeak. If a bolt and washer was used to press the pulley on, it is very possible the washer bent in the center...
  2. WTH? Alternating burned-out tail lights ... help! :)

Get a pick and slightly bend the contacts in the socket. Fill the contact area with dielectric grease and install new bulb.
  3. O2 and Emission Codes nightmare - 3 years running

Have you checked or replaced the coolant temp sensor. They get biased and can cause a rich or lean condition just as an o2 sensor can do. They are like a rehostat and change voltage as the coolant warms up. They go bad just like a light dimmer switch that developes bad contact spots. Sometimes...
  4. Fixing back-glass water leak - Video step by step

On ebay is a vendor that makes an improved gasket for the third brake light which is a huge source for a water leak.
  5. TOOK A CHANCE ON UNITED and STANDARD

Pcv valve is a calibrated vacuum leak by design. Always use an oem pcv valve to avoid trouble.
  6. Water leak in cab - 1997 Ranger Short Cab XLT

I have on 08 with a water leak also. Replaced windshield with no cure. Found a body seam under the floor mat where the firewall panel, the floor pan and the kick panel pan all come together. The sealer there was leaking causing the same puddle you show in top of the mat. Sealed rhe inside then...
  7. 2008 Ford Ranger Sport 2x4 4.0L

New to the forum. I am an older automotive guy with lots of experience in automotive parts, machine shop and early years of obd 1 and 2. Bought a 08 Ford Ranger about 3 years ago because the durability and value was as good as a Toyota but half the price. Rangers will be a desirable classic to...
  8. Hello

You have a good looking truck for 2006. Mine is an 08 sport 2x4 4.0L, 120k miles, xcab and looks just like yours. Mine is loaded except for cruise control. These are really neat simple trucks. They will be desirable in the near future just like the 80's chev C10. Rangers have a following.
  9. Whats up people

Obd II is way better than 1. Obd 1 had a huge window of variance that could go undetectable while trying to diagnose a driveabity issue. Had to do pin testing with a break out box to get accurate readings on all the inputs of the computer. Obd 2 windows are much smaller and generally point you...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad