• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 sohc smoking

Think my problem is either solved or temporarily solved, driven about 350 miles now with motor running good and no smoke, even took it wheeling and camping this weekend, thanks all that commented for the diagnosing tips
  2. 4.0 sohc smoking

This gives me a little more hope, thanks will comment again on it tomorrow at end of day
  3. 4.0 sohc smoking

Another update, got the truck finished up today right around dark and started it and it ran smooth or at least as smooth as it always has before. It is still smoking blue/oil smoke. I drove it maybe 5-6 blocks and idled long enough to get up to temp. I didn't use paper for the blow by test on my...
  4. 4.0 sohc smoking

Correct, the truck was already partially apart when you suggested that and I'm planning on doing it first thing once it's back together. The way I see it is both my valve cover gaskets are leaking anyways and my intake manifold gaskets are leaking obviously as well, if the ending result is my...
  5. 4.0 sohc smoking

Are you saying blow by is most likely my culprit here or I just shouldn't rule it out, I'm for sure going forward with what I'm doing and going to assume that's my problem if I get it back together and the problem persist.
  6. 4.0 sohc smoking

Back again with another update, took the intake manifold off and I have some pictures to go with that, my intake manifold gaskets do appear to be shot based on the amount of oil in my valley. I attempted to change my pcv about a month ago and learned the two little tabs for the half turn on the...
  7. 4.0 sohc smoking

Finally got around to pulling some parts off my truck as it has been raining alot and I only have my apartment parking lot to work at school, what I found before getting stopped by rain again was a literal pond of oil inside my intake manifold, I pumped out about 4-5oz of oil with more oil still...
  8. 4.0 sohc smoking

Thanks for the tip, I still couldn't find it but I'm assuming its buried under my ignition distributor which I don't have time to remove right now. I did do the clear flood engine test after cycling my key three times and it did not fire at all. As soon as I released the pedal it did puff out a...
  9. 4.0 sohc smoking

Thanks, I do clear flooded engine routine any time I start it cold when its not above 60 degrees out, I have never had it fire on me. However I have never attempted it after cycling my key a few times, I will give this a try. Do you have any more specific info on how to ID the pulse damper, I...
  10. 4.0 sohc smoking

Thanks for the feedback, to my eyes it appeared to be white smoke with some blue smoke from oil burning. It is also pushing way more fluid/condensation out of the tailpipe than normal. I don't get the distinct antifreeze burning smell but the truck has never smoked at all until this incident. A...
  11. 4.0 sohc smoking

Was recently driving my truck at highway speeds when noticed surging so I pulled off to make sure everything was ok, after sitting for a few minutes I started it and it smoked like a blown head gasket. After idling for a long time smoke went away and I tried to drive gently back to where I came...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad