• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RJMacReady

The Rattling Ranger Part 2: Clutch Slipping after Oil Change

I've been asking questions in a few different threads, I'm going to keep them in one thread here where I'll detail my attempt to change my clutch. A huge adventure for a very simple man. I'm going to get some good pictures of everything disassembled and see if I can figure out what the other...
  2. RJMacReady

Can't find a Turn Signal Bulb Part Number

I ordered some replacement bulbs for my 84 from rock auto. The brake lights fit, they are 1157's. But the site (and my local auto parts store) also gave me 1157's to go in the turn signal sockets, which don't fit. The old turn signal bulbs have 2 low nubs that are symmetrically placed, and the...
  3. RJMacReady

Can you identify that rattle?

Here's a vid. Rattle is loudest at the last part of the vid as I walk to the passenger side.
  4. RJMacReady

Oil Pressure Gauge leaking oil

Hope this is the right forum for this topic. The combination Temperature and Oil Pressure gauge under my dash has got a moderate (drip every couple minutes) oil leak coming from the hose that's connected to the back of it. I'm not sure if this is stock or custom but how can I address the leak...
  5. RJMacReady

Lots of transmission questions

So of course as I've said I'm pretty new to really working on cars but I've got a lot of questions about how I can really fully analyze the state that my clutch/transmission is in and decide how much of it needs work and what kind of work. This truck's my project for the foreseeable future and...
  6. RJMacReady

Emergency Brake feels weak?

My emergency break feels pretty weak. It can't hold the truck on very much of an incline. Putting it in gear increases the grip a little but not a whole lot. If I'm pointed uphill, it basically can't handle any incline at all and will roll away backwards even in gear.
  7. RJMacReady

Emergency Brake Light doesn't turn off

Now that I got my tach setup, next problem I need to address is my emergency brake light not turning off. Where's the connection made that tells when it's engaged, and what should I take apart to have a look?
  8. RJMacReady

"4 Low works, 4 hi doesn't work so well"

Hey folks, I've had my Ranger a couple months now (84 4x4 manual). Drives about as great as I could want and so far no problems despite lots of daily driving. I didn't get it because of the 4x4 but because it was a decently priced pickup and I needed to haul some things more regularly. I...
  9. RJMacReady

Tailgate Hardware Replacement - 1984 4x4 Manual

Need to replace some missing parts on the latches of my tailgate. I'm finding lots of results for the cables, the handle itself, but can't seem to locate the spot I'm talking about. What would you call this assembly, and where would you look for it? Here's a pic
  10. RJMacReady

Fan makes a loud noise like rubbing when heater on - 1984 4x4 manual

Started hearing a loud whining that I thought was someone honking at me, but realized it happens when I have my air or heater on. The problem is intermittent and goes away when I flip it off and on usually. But I can hear something that sounds like a fan spinning off balance maybe. Would like...
  11. RJMacReady

Tachometer Install on 1984 2.3L

Hey folks, trying to install a tach. It's the 4 wire style (power, ground, light, engine signal). Found a good spot for the ground but none of the diagrams I've found look quite like what I'm seeing in my truck so I could use some help figuring out where to to put the rest. Here's a shot of my...
  12. RJMacReady

First truck! 1984 4x4 manual

Hey folks, been meaning to sign up and post for a little bit now but here's a pic of my first truck. Have driven it quite a bit over the last few months and no trouble aside from a loud noise the heater fan makes every once in awhile. It's addicting...looking for any excuse I can to drive it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad