• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My 4.0ohv turbo build thread

Why not run wiseco pistons, then you wouldn't even need to run an intercooler...
  2. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

The engine came out of a 1997 ford ranger that I'm rebuilding and putting into my 1994 Mazda B4000 in place of the 94 engine that's in it.
  3. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

I think I did make one mistake though, I bought a head gasket kit for a 94 and I think the block is different is it not? So I'm going to probably have to order another for. A 97..
  4. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

So I'm pulling the 94 4.0 engine out. The guy I got the engine from gave me, Engine, Wiring harness, flywheel, so I bought new heads for the 97 block which it is. Shoulda clarified that sorry.
  5. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

Also thank you for the clarification on the OHV vs SOHC.
  6. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

Thanks for the reply, that some really good info and I really appreciate it. I got the heads off and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do a leak down test, to test the rings since I already have it down this far? Any recommendations on what I should use for a leak down test? Thanks again for...
  7. 1997 Ranger 4.0 OHV Rebuild question

Hi, I'm new here, I have a 1994 Mazda B4000 in which I'm rebuilding a 1997 Ranger engine for. It's a 4.0 SOHC with OHV. My question is do I need to worry about where TDC is of I'm replacing both heads with brand new ones? I should just be able to turn the crank shaft until I see the pistons at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad