• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wisconsinjimmy

Running bad at...

low speed. Have done the duraspark conversion complete, compression is very good 175-180 all cyl. At low speed it coughs when going thru the gears once up to 50 mph all seems OK nice and smooth. Timing 10° wires are new, checked for vac leaks and cannot find any. When I first brought it home it...
  2. wisconsinjimmy

Timing

Hey guy's cannot find what the timing should be on a 2.8 that I did the DS conversion currently timed as specified on the sticker. Starts right up and idles just super and runs OK at speed, where the problem comes in is at low speed between the gears and in gear it bucks and snorts and I have...
  3. wisconsinjimmy

2.9 DEAD bang, bang

Help, I have been chasing this nitemare for a week now and have or seem to have done all the teast I can. When I turn on the key there is no fuel pump sound (pump is OK) if I jumper the module it will pump, also have 12v to the coil and did test the TFI which told me that the TFI was bad so I...
  4. wisconsinjimmy

Ecm

:icon_confused:Can someone tell me if the ecm from an 84 Ranger 2.8 will work in an 88 with the 2.9? Reason I ask is my brother in law's range 2.9 will not run, replaced the pump relay (pump works) and the inertia switch is OK yet the pump does not turn on nor is there spark. Replaced the dist...
  5. wisconsinjimmy

heater hose down under style????

OK tell me what do I have to do to be able to design engines mainly Ford type?? What is with the Aussie outlet? =8')
  6. wisconsinjimmy

It Runs!!!!

Well did the conversion to Duraspark and after some turmoil it is running, the real problem is the distributor from NAPA which was not a perfect casting and required some buffing so it would fit thru the the block and the worrying about the tooth diff on the drive gear but it is all OK. The next...
  7. wisconsinjimmy

1988 Ranger 2.9 cranks over OK But!!!!

:bawling::beer:HELP PLEASE!!! I am at wits end, my b.i.l's 2.9 will not run period thought it was the fuel pump in the tank as it could not be heard with the key on. took out the tank and the pump is good put tank back (real pain) replaced the high pressure pump still nothing, replaced the...
  8. wisconsinjimmy

Duraspark Distributor PN 482691

:bsflag: Well bought me one of these dist and guess what will not fit the 2.8 now I am stumped, the drive gear on the factory dist is 18 tooth and the duraspark is 17 tooth and if I could just swap gears but the factory inside dia is smaller then the dura. Please any help on this??????
  9. wisconsinjimmy

2.8 intake

OK I am going with the duraspark system and have it ordered, my next quest would be to toss the smogger intake or any help?
  10. wisconsinjimmy

2.8L, 2.3L Trannys

I am curious as to wether or not the 2.8 and 2.3 use the same 4spd, I have the 2.8L now but really want to get rid of it and possibly go with the 2.3L, and another note the bad compression on cyl 2-3 was due to a chunk of EXH valve missing and the 2 cyl @ 60psi needed to be reground, I am going...
  11. wisconsinjimmy

First Post, dead Ranger

Hey folks, I am 62 live in west central WI and have this 84 Ranger 4x4 2.8L that has the following compression, drivers side front to back 175, 155, 180 Passenger side 170, 60 and Zero, I am a pretty fair mechanic but I have heard some not so good things about this engine, it appears that there...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad