• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A/C Grinding noise at Start up - Do I really need to do all this?

Months ago I posted that my 2008 FX4 would make a grinding noise when/because it was in 4wd at startup. Sorry, I can't find that post. Well, a few months ago I began to think that maybe it was the AC compressor and not the 4wd. So I disconnected the power to the AC and have driven it many times...
  2. AC cuts off when accelerating

Searched but didn't find anything that described the following: Cruising, the AC works fine. Under even slight acceleration the fan stops; that is no forced air from the vents. Backing off the gas, the fan starts blowing again with cold air. Driving country roads with even gradual uphill...
  3. 2008 Ranger horn connector

I bought some Horns I'm nursing a fractured left hand and I'd rather ask first before I either bust the connector or my hand again. I can't tell if the harness side of the horn is male or female so hoping someone can tell me If This will plugin to the harness because I plan on following this...
  4. After shutting down in 4wd and starting in 2wd - Thunk from the front

My second post about my new to me 2008 FX4 automatic. As the title states: I live on a bumpy dirt road and the final hill to my house I switch to 4wd. After shutting the truck off and turning the switch to 2wd, when I start the truck again in 2wd, there's a 'thunk' that I'm guessing is...
  5. Before I buy these - Don't think I have Secure Lock

My first post about my new to me 2008 FX4. I'm wanting to have a couple extra keys and I'm trying to be certain I'm going about this right. When I turn the truck off I don't see the 'lock' icon flashing. But do see i when I turn the key to on. Here's what I'm going to buy: keys And here's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad